Getting out amongst 'em!

DAA, one heck of a story and a hunt! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your eloquently written words and seeing pictures that I may only see in my dreams! One of the best posts I've seen on here in quite some time! Thanks again!

Great read and awesome pictures just getting started coyote hunting trying to learn as much as possible. seeing posts like this really makes me want to get out there and it helps that it looks like you're hunting around my neck of the woods I live in Tooele county. Look forward to reading more posts and good luck to you on future hunts.

Originally Posted By: jerry malbeckGreat weekend, I see your using the OLD MAN seat LOL. I love mine.

Hey, I've earned it! One hemorrhoid from sitting on cold ground was enough!

laugh.gif

- DAA

Great story and pictures, wish I was there except for the temp. We tend to get spoiled with age I guess. Thank you for taking the time.

Really nice work.. Love that you stay out there and make trip of the whole thing. I do the same around Williams and other Northern AZ and thought that i was the only crazy one out there.

But, from the looks of it, you have lots of fur out there to keep you warm.

Very cool pics and Story Dave, you do have a way with words and a gun.
thumbup1.gif
P.S. I almost started shivering with the picture of your tent.

Dave,
Great write up and pics as always. You do a great job. It's obvious you love it, isn't it great to be out there? I'd say there are for sure worst addictions a guy could have.

That has my vote for the best hunt of the month for sure. Congrates on a great trip. Way to stick with it but you know better than anyone I know how to get-R-done!

Originally Posted By: boscoOutstanding! Do you have any kind of a heater for that tent or are you just one tough S.O.B.?

The latter but he still might have a heater. Haha!

Originally Posted By: boscoOutstanding! Do you have any kind of a heater for that tent or are you just one tough S.O.B.?

The older I get, the less I can take the cold. Getting downright wimpy about it, to be honest. So, yes, I have a heater! Have had it for about 30 years, a "Mr. Heater". I only run it when getting ready for bed and when getting out of bed. Reach over and light it and let it run for a few minutes when I wake up. It sure helps make it easier to crawl out of the fart sack on a cold morning.

I also throw down a few old coyote skins that I tanned a long time ago down on the floor. They make getting up in the middle of the night to take a leak a lot more bearable for my tender footsies
laugh.gif

- DAA

Great post. The kind of hunting adventure is something most of us could only dream of.
Thanks for sharing.
DEF

Last edited:
Back