Getting disgusted with my 170 scope mounted lightforce.

Im not calling you a Liar,

Im sorry if I offended you.....

I do not Work for Lightforce.....or on there pay roll...

I am an Independent, Incorpated company

I did say I thought it was the 1st time some one had taken it out of the box and it dident work....that (I) had sold to.......totaly not work......not sometimes

Im not always right, I due make Mistakes, but i can admitt-it and learn from it........

That remark was based on my/our Company and Sales.........

I do not make Lightforce, I do sell there Products, I have no ties with Lightforce other than Re-selling there products....

I did not make the Wiring Harness that goes to the Lightforce Light or the Light itself.......

I have No controll of who builds the Lightforce Line of Lights or wiring harness......

I have tried to Warrenty things of of my Own stock, when theres a problem and have the customer return it to Lightforce, if it dosent return to Lightforce,or there wasent a problem, I have to (pay for it)......

I/We run an Honest company,and try to please everyone as much as we can, theres only so much I can due.......

Sincerely.....

Starbrights Unlimited,Inc.
2003-2007

Quote:
Rick, I don’t think any of us are trying to bash Light Force. The light is top notch, the dimmer and battery pack are also great, but I must say the wiring harness sucks. I also think it’s a shame to pay $235 for a product then have to modify it yourself. I could have sent mine back when the switch didn’t work. But I figured the next one wouldn’t be any better and I would just have to modify it myself anyway. So rather then sending it back and losing the use of my light for several more days. I asked if it would be ok to modify the switch on my light myself with out voiding my warranty, you said it would be fine but it would void warranty on my wiring harness but not the light. This was fine with me but still don’t think it’s right after spending all that money. Pruson ask me to tell him what I thought of my new light because he had been thinking of getting one. Unlucky for you Pruson had already purchased his light before I sent him my review. I told him about the switch and found out we were both having the same problems. Neither one of us were going express our thoughts in this thread, even though we experienced some of the same problems. I don’t think theirs a better light on the market and if there was Pruson and I would not be willing to keep ours in spite of the problems we would have returned them. So rather then getting offended forward our comments to Light Force in and effort to improve them. In my opinion the wiring harness needs a quick disconnect located up by the light so you can remove the cord without removing the light for transporting from one stand to another. They need to find a better switch ! I have also had to wiggle the cigarette adapter to make the light work so make the battery end a quick disconnect also then put one on the battery box also. You could still have a cigarette adapter it would have to just have a quick disconnect so it could plug into cord. Thank you Chris,

DSCN0856.jpg

Where did you get that picture from, are those connectors you show from another light? I bought a Lightforce last year. I broke the wire going into the plug because I was letting it hang down instead of tying it up and placing some strain relief on it, and having been in the electronics biz for these many years I should have known better. I emailed Rick and he sent me a new plug, and I fixed it. I can't complain about the service. I'm sure if Lightforce placed strain relief on their wiring someone would be unhappy because it wouldn't fit their specific situation. As far as the switch along the wiring, I assume you guys use that instead of the dimmer switch on the battery pack, to turn your lights on. We can't have gun or scope mounted lights here in Pa. so that switch, to me, is a non-issue. I use the one on the pack. A little contact cleaner or electrical lube spray works every time to make the switch smoother, I've found....in regard to those connectors shown, in my opinion, and I've used MANY types of connectors in the past, those type, after a time, will become useless. The internal contacts will spread out, and you'll have to make them tight by getting a pair of pliers and squeezing the rubber until they come together again, and the external ones will not make good contact and become intermittent. Those are the type on the Optronics (yeah, I had one of those, too) and I had to repeatedly had to fix them before I got rid of the light.......

Regards,

John

Last edited:
Although there are a few bugs to be worked out with lightforce they are still the best that is available. You can not beat them for performance.

Quote:
I would like to place an order for one YetiForce please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
I think for now I will stick with my Yetiforce...LOL
DSC01841-1.jpg

DSC01833-1.jpg

DSC01830-1.jpg

DSC01828-1.jpg

Now there's some decent strain relief on that battery...electrical tape!! Only problem with shooting with that setup is opening the kitchen window before you put your scope on that yote!! At least you can drink your coffee and hunt at the same time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I hope they have 2 yeti-Hats...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It is a very reliable light, I made it out of a rechargeable spotlight that had died. I sawed off the handles, gutted the wireing, rewired it with a rocker switch and I had a scope light. The hardest thing was mounting it on the scope, I used PVC for a while but it was taking the finish off of my scope /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif so I then had a brain fart and thought; duh how bout a scope ring upside down, so I bought a .99cent base at a sporting goods store, boldted it in the light and now it is an easy on or off scope light. Total I spent about $40 in wires/switches/bases and a few hours to rig it all together. Not bad at all, I can clearly see body shots at close to 200yards...

Hi Purson,

I found a in-line switch at home-depo, that will work on the wiring harness, its in the mail to you........

Rick.....

Ive been using lightforces for over a year now with no major problems. I love them. Now, I have done some modifications to suit my needs and a couple minor repairs. No big deal. Every time I have had any issues or concerns I have called Rick and he has been more than willing to give advice and do what he can to help. Much appreciated Rick.

I dont think I have ever bought anything that I have not had to modify at some point to be perfect for me. Its a spotlight not a brain. Its not hard to work on. Fix it to your liking and go huntin.

Quote:
What I have done to solve my cable problems... is I have added a clip on my lanyard around my neck to keep it from dangling so low.

I also went to Radio Shack and purchase a y-connector for the cig outlet... this solves the problem of connecting it thru the one with the velcro around it. This also lets to utilize another spotlight sharing the battery.

I did the same thing, but hard wired the Y-connector to the battery pack to make sure it stays put. I usually run 2 lights and this set-up works good. No switch problems for me so far, I've had it for 2 years.

my wire broke 3 times (2 bad solders & a broken wire)in the first 2 months under light use. Now that I totally re-wired it, I love it. It was NO FUN having breakdown while afield, I must say. Funny how we never heard about these problems before

I use a light , maybe more than anyone else,(maybe not). I have a gun light mounted on my chair, which rides along at highway speed, as well as down miles of rough and washed out dirt roads. Several nights a week, almost every weekend and I agree, there can be some problems with switches, but show me one that doesn't have a bad switch or 2. You have to understand, these lights are used for hundreds of applications, from hunting to offroading. I have replace hundreds of switches in every kind of light they make, and yes, some are crap, but I've had 110 volt toggle switches puke out. When I get a new light, I cut the cig adapter off and throw it away. I have never seen one that will withstand all the crap I put one through. I use a regular 110 volt plug. yes, just like your tv or your wifes iron( wife's iron...get it?) has on it. I have a 110 outlet box hooked up from my battery, and the plug problem has stopped. Some changes have come, and are still coming from lightforce, and I think with feedback from us, the end user, they will get better. It's simple to cut cords down, add switches,connectors and such, but I understand that if you get a new light, it should work well, without any bugs. That don't happen with many things today, and light switches are no different. I will never use anything but lightforce. I have shined for 40 years, with some success, and out of all the lights I have used or seen, the lightforce outshines...no...I won't do that...is the best on the market..BY FAR! The service is great, and the product is top of the line. They use someone elses switches I'm sure, and maybe these kind of responses will have them looking for another source. There are a LOT of tricks you can do to a light to make it better, but my way is probably not good for all, and your's won't work for me. Lightforce tries to make us all happy, and , sorry boys, that ain't happenin'. Keep workin' on ideas... we'll figur' it out.

First of all I want to apologies to pruson if I offended you by offering your money back, as I explained on the phone I tried the light out myself before sending out your replacement light and it worked. My intention was to give your money back after two lights not working because frankly if it were me I would be upset and not trust the product after two failures, and I was also disappointed that our product failed you not once but twice. Please don’t take my offer as trying to get rid of a customer because that was not my intention.
We at Lightforce pride ourselves in building a great product be it lights or scopes. We have proudly placed light and scopes with our military forces stationed around the world were failure of a product can have devastating results.
I have informed our corporate office in Australia of this latest development and hope to receive a response from them on this matter. In response to some other issues that are being talked about, the BPS did have a very small number of complaints a short time ago after some extensive research we found no single fault and have not seen a repeat of it again. Working with electronics can be very challenging at times and gremlins love to pop there head in every so often. I get told by some people the cords are to short others too long or it would be better if it was a strait cord, bottom line is we will never make every person happy but I will try to please as many of you as I can without having a stroke. The in line switch is outsourced and we have to depend on the product being built to our standards.
I thank all of you that stand behind out lights (no pun intended) and we will continue to work hard at making the best light on the market. If anyone would like to speak with me about any issues they have with a light or a suggestion that you would like me to pass on to our corporate office I have an open phone line to hear you out good or bad.

Thank you
Brian Gearhart
Lightforce USA, Inc
208-476-9814
info@lightforceusa.com

Thank you Brian. I didn't want my money back because I knew what I had was superior to anything that I have ever tried, "if" it would only work reliably. I just wanted mine to work cause, I wanted a Lightforce in my bag of tricks. You're handicapped with anything less, especially with that BPS dimmer ability. I knew what the problem was! I just didn't want to start cutting wires on a brand new product in order to make it work, and I shouldn't have to do that.

Back