Gaining permission to call yotes on private land??!!

Originally Posted By: Ky ColLook at how much you will need, farmers and rangers KNOW what things cost. The more you can cover the better.

ya. modern farm equipment is EXPENSIVE. tractors can go for as much as a high end luxury car.

buy as much as you can afford reasonably.

when i was shopping with my current insurer (home, car, business) i was looking at a $100 budget for the year, so i'll probably end up with the $500K policy just to have a nice big number on things.

Originally Posted By: JeepyjerI do not plan on shooting anyone's tractor.

that's not why you buy insurance for anything for.

none of us plan on having anything bad happen, but sometimes it does. so you buy insurance "just in case".

i was just using a tractor as a for example of how expensive farm stuff can be.

and you can never say never when it comes to shooting - ricochet's are totally unpredictable

anyway, the whole point is to make a potential landowner that doesnt know you feel comfortable that any possible incidents - however improbable for a safety conscious hunter - would be covered.

including and up to damaging their $100k (or more) tractor.

just food for thought
smile.gif

Good points Plant. A good way to look at any insurance policy is like a gambling bet. In the case you described, you are actually betting the insurance company $100 for the next 12 months that you will have some sort of accident. They are betting up to $500,000 that you won't. If you go the entire year, policy period, w/o and accident, you lose your $100. Should you experience a covered accident they lose, up to the policy limit. Just like Vegas, but in this case your risk is much lower.

Well unless its a John deere I might consider shooting the darn pos but really my 223 50 gr vmax is not coming back at me.Insurance is good to have but I get one farms with out much hassle I let the coyote do the work by chewing up drips lines.......... lol

Back