Fun in the sun with Jeff and Uncle Jay (video)

That was some extry cool video! Hey I have a question though. What kind of base was he using on his Mojo Critter? Jeff have you got a close up photo of that base? That looks like it would be just the ticket for how I like to hunt. I've never been too crazy about the stick a pole in the ground design...mostly because the ground around here if frozen solid half the year.

Originally Posted By: Ursus21That was some extry cool video! Hey I have a question though. What kind of base was he using on his Mojo Critter? Jeff have you got a close up photo of that base? That looks like it would be just the ticket for how I like to hunt. I've never been too crazy about the stick a pole in the ground design...mostly because the ground around here if frozen solid half the year.

Sweeet job, congrats !
thumbup.gif
Whackem and Stackem

Thanks Jeff. Did that male fitting on top of the tripod come with it or did you add that? What brand is the tripod?

The fitting at the top of the tri-pod is what it came with. Far as I can tell, it is the typical size screw that come on the top of just about any tri-pod.

Another member here, SnowmanMo, actually came up with the idea. Here is another post that referances where he came up with it and what he used to make it:

Mojo Critter strikes again...

The thread in the bottom of the Critter is standard camera
tri pod thread, any cheap (or expensive for that matter) one will work. We buy some $9.95 speacials from Wal-Mart to
hold a small camera that we position on the shooter when filming that has totally fexible legs and works great with
the Critter.

Maybe MOJO should market that but we could never get it on
the market to match Wal-Mart at retail.

Jeff and Mojoman, a big thank you to you both. I did not realize that it had a standard camera thread. Good planning on Mojo's part. It was actually the deciding factor on why I hadn't bought a Mojo Critter yet. Like I said before the ground around here is frozen most of time and trying to drive a stake in it is not my idea of fun. The Wally World tripod is just the ticket. Again thanks guys. Looks like a Mojor Critter is in my very near future.

Back