FRUSTRATED!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: scottmilk9can you put another scope on the gun, a known good one? I know its a long way to send it to AZ, but I'll try to help as much as I can.

I bought a new mark AR leupold and a new one piece mount.

Probably you have already done this, but have you cleaned the barrel using a copper remover? It is a head scratcher because obviously something changed and not too much can change on the ar15s. Crown damage, copper build up, cracked barrel nut? It cannot come loose with the gas tube there.

Good luck - you have some really good people offering to help.

Well here is the rest of the story up to this point. After 6 weeks and a few phone calls I finally got the shop I took my gun to too shoot it and see what they thought. They found the same issue that i described to them. Then proceeded to tel me that remington doesn't let them do warranty work on ar's so they needed to send it in to remington and it would be another 4to 8 weeks. After almost 3 months time in total I got a message from them saying I my gun was ready. I called them back to ask what had been done. To my surprise the lady on the phone tells me I have a new gun there waiting for me. She didn't know much but I am interested to see if they know more when I go to get it tomorrow.

Glad your getting a new one--Unless Remington is different you probably want find out what they found out with the first one..

AS A Disclaimer I have never dealt with Remington on Warranty,and the companies I have were good --just didn't want to say what went wrong!!

But congrats on getting it worked out finally...

David

I did get a new gun which is great, however I'm still a little disappointed. The gun i sent in had a couple after market acc. installed on it that i would love to have back and don't. Not sure of the technical name, but I had a wedge bolt that replaced the push pin to eliminate the slop between the upper and lower. Also a lighter set of springs in the trigger. Not the end of the world but yet they were mine. Maybe I should have put it back to factory condition before I took it in, but I didn't know I wouldn't be getting it back. They also took my scope off the bad gun and didn't mount it on the new one. I thought maybe that was because it wouldn't fit in the case for shipping, but when I mounted the scope it still fit in the case. All very minor things but I am going to call the warranty department on Monday and see if I can get my items back and if they will tell me what was wrong with it just for my knowledge.

Originally Posted By: Crown21I did get a new gun which is great, however I'm still a little disappointed. The gun i sent in had a couple after market acc. installed on it that i would love to have back and don't. Not sure of the technical name, but I had a wedge bolt that replaced the push pin to eliminate the slop between the upper and lower. Also a lighter set of springs in the trigger. Not the end of the world but yet they were mine. Maybe I should have put it back to factory condition before I took it in, but I didn't know I wouldn't be getting it back. They also took my scope off the bad gun and didn't mount it on the new one. I thought maybe that was because it wouldn't fit in the case for shipping, but when I mounted the scope it still fit in the case. All very minor things but I am going to call the warranty department on Monday and see if I can get my items back and if they will tell me what was wrong with it just for my knowledge.

Great that you got a new Rifle
thumbup1.gif

Most factory's will always return a rifle to it original configuration when sent in for
warrenty work, "CYA"
And they will keep your aftermarket parts unless you specify to return them.
They won't remount a Scope because thats not the way they leave new, its an accessory.
But I'll bet they will return your aftermarket goodies if you call them.

Back