FRIDAY NIGHT MUSIC THREAD...

Haven't heard any of this guys stuff since forever.

His mom wrote "Happy Birthday" . You may have heard it lol

Hoyt Axton.
Della and the dealer

Wild Bull rider

Water for my horses.

Snow blind friend

Could someone post a Leonard Cohen song or two, he died at 82, Hallelujah, and maybe Suzanne?

The one version of Hallelujah is 7:19 minutes long and has over 41 million views, that says something.

I have the majority of his albums, and having sold stereo systems that cost as much as $150,000 he was recognized as one of the all time great recording engineers, he got what it takes to make audiophile caliber recordings. His girlfriend and singer Jennifer Warnes did an album he recorded that is ranked as one of the all time great recordings (Famous Blue Raincoat) to play on serious equipment.

I'll tell a story about using Hallelujah to show someone pure emotion on a fantastic system, I asked the guy what he thought halfway through the song and looked at him, and this guy was sobbing so hard I started crying and quickly looked the other way and pretended I didn't see that. This is one of the most emotionally powerful songs ever recorded. If you know of anything in the same ballpark I want to hear it, I have thousands of CD's, if I like it I buy it.

Hallelujah is one of the special songs ever done, and it has been covered uncountable times.

RIP, this was an incredible guy who marched to his own tune.

I just seen this first video, on episode #2, of Rowan & Martin's Laugh In...this week, on the Decades TV channel...........

Everyone has heard the instrumental version...but this is Sonny James' version, with the lyrics.......

Back