French products if your interested in boycotting

Let's not forget the, french, germans and the russians.

I said all along that their reason for being against the war was what we would find when we got there. They have been selling/trading with iraq all along. They just suck.

God Bless America
Trapper_1977

I am a fairly new member but surely enjoy the knowledge you all share about different topics. The list is great "Coyotebuster" and I will do my part in emailing it to a 100 or so people in my address book. I heard on CNN that our "Intelligence" have reported the Russians are supplying Iraq with devices that jam our GPS systems. Maybe one of us can come up with the name of that company.

I know this is not going to be a popular post but I am going to say it anyway.

I like the idea of a boycott, but the reality of the situation is that boycotting most of these French or German products will cost many americans their jobs and livelyhood.

One major company that is not on that list is Chrysler who is owned by Mercedes Benz. If everyone boycotts Chrysler products who do you think is going to feel it the most? Germany or the USA?

The boycott should be on produts that are made in those countries, which in is probably very few. French Whine (sp on purpose) is an example, but most of the other products are probably made in 3rd would countries.

Great idea, but if we follow this advice we will create more unemployement in the USA instead of overseas.

Exactly my point. "Innocent" companies can get hurt by misinformation like this.
If you want to call for a boycott on a product or corporation, that's fine. Just get your facts straight first.

Perhaps I should have said Chrysler is owned by Daimler, the parent company of Mercedes Benz.

Diamler acquired control of Chrysler several years ago. Chrysler is still an american company, listed on the NYSE as DaimlerChrysler. But control of the company is owned by Daimler a German company.

So if you want to boycott you can no loger buy Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Freightliner Trucks, or Western Star Trucks. Of course probably less than 50% of the parts that go into these vehicles are made in the US.

I think we should re-enact the Boston Tea Party, but instead of tea we should pour Perrier in the harbor. Then again we have enough water pollution now, no use adding to it.

I think we should re-enact the Boston Tea Party, but instead of tea we should pour Perrier in the harbor. Then again we have enough water pollution now, no use adding to it.
A few years ago up by Wisconsin Dells perrier tried to come in and open up a water plant to get their water. The people in that area were so pissed cause of it going to lower the water table that almost every house had a sighn that said" go away Perrier". I wish I could find me a couple of them for our yard.

Back