Fracking... What Do You Think?

Originally Posted By: elixys....its funny you mention that because I'm the guy that goes out and recycles that water and makes it reusable. Not in that exact area but out here in w. Texas.

Yes,and have any farms,wet lands,towns and environments been ruined by fracking??

Originally Posted By: Rocky1The state of North Dakota found no issues with the process what so ever. Told the EPA to go the he11 back to DC and do whatever they do down there, that they'd take of ND.

In defense of the process... ND acquifers are found from 40 to 800 feet deep. Fracking there is taking place at depths of 12,000 to 15,000 feet deep. Over 2 miles of below the acquifer. Kinda difficult to justify a problem as a result of fracking there.

Sounds like you bought into the whole GOP line, hook line and sinker.

Now wake up and look at the reality, it's ruining farms and ranches and not for a little while either.

You can be the type who makes up his mind early on, or keep an eye on the issue and stand corrected. Some of the most insidious and hard regulated chemicals are being used without oversight (part of the Halliburton loopholes)

What, do you think the occasional blowout where the chemicals don't stay where they are supposed to is worth the risk?

There's a good documentary running right now where you can see a lot of things with your own eyes that are pretty hard to ignore.

What part of states being paid to deny complaints don't you get?

Rocky1, do you have the ability to change your mind once you've come to a conclusion?

Added:
Looking at the process, the chemicals are pumped back out to evaporate in open air pits, which is part of what is not okay, to speed up the evaporation it is pumped through misters. To make it worse these companies see nothing wrong with illegally dumping the residue rather than paying to have it properly disposed of.

One other unacceptable pollution is the refinery tanks that let out the wastes into the air, refineries are forced to capture, break down, and use these waste products which actually have uses. Halliburton has been given a free pass on many types of pollution.
Watch the documentary and let me know what you think, it shows things that you can see with your own eyes. If you can't trust your eyes you are blind.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: woodguru
There's a good documentary running right now where you can see a lot of things with your own eyes that are pretty hard to ignore.

One thing about documentary's is it's only as truthful as the person paying for it wants it to be.

Originally Posted By: CoondoggerI haven't seen any problems with fracking that can be scienetficly proven..lots of enviornmentalists spewing lies about stuff, but nothing that has been proven..I don't see how the proccess can cause any real damage, but then I am not an engneer either..so take it for what it's worth..

To "see problems" you have to have your eyes open and not have already made up your mind that everything you are hearing is all "lots of environmentalists spewing lies about stuff". You have closed your mind to where you never can or will hear anything, truth, fact, or otherwise.

Why don't you take some of the water coming out of a thousand taps from ranches and farms and drink it, you tell me what you think of science? Look at ranches where all of their animals are losing their hair and dying and wait for your scientific report "proving" it, but meanwhile go ahead and drink it.

Look at the documentary that's running right now, and nothing has to be proved, it is what it is.

You don't see how 600 chemicals, many of which are heavily regulated in every other industry, can cause any problems?

There's ignorant and then there is so far beyond ignorant it has rude names.

Fracking occurs thousands of feet below the aquifer systems. I seriously doubt that these chemicals are leaching into drinking water. I have yet to see a river run run uphill.

All of us on here want good stewardship of the enviroment.
I and most on here want to see point counter point,from a neutral party.
The movie that is out "Promise Land" has funding from a middle eastern concern.So you can understand why people would be sceptical.
Now its funny that when us dumb azz hicks dont see it the way you do,we are told we do not believe in science.
Here is perfect example every year or two,the revisionist at Discovery,History Channel,or other. Trot out another fancy,computerized with lasers,definitive with so called experts,to prove the 49 year old case of the murder of JFK.
In these pieces they absolutly bend creadabitly and the evidence to try and prove the one man,with the "magic bullet"theory killed the President.
All of us on here are well aware of the behavior of bullets,internally,externally and termanly,we all know this is bull [beeep],but the media has an interest in continuing the massive lie.
So I would like to hear from ranchers,farmers,landowners,etc. on this forumn that have had problems from fracking or have not..

Last edited:
Fracking done correctly is perfectly safe. You have to remember some companies will take short cuts to save money. This small percentage causes problems for the legitimate companies, remember the BP blow out, one company tried to save a few dollars on a blow out protector, we all paid to clean up the mess.

Originally Posted By: Rocky1The state of North Dakota found no issues with the process what so ever. Told the EPA to go the he11 back to DC and do whatever they do down there, that they'd take of ND.

In defense of the process... ND acquifers are found from 40 to 800 feet deep. Fracking there is taking place at depths of 12,000 to 15,000 feet deep. Over 2 miles of below the acquifer. Kinda difficult to justify a problem as a result of fracking there.

"The state of North Dakota found no issues"

Yeah, uh huh, and states are known for siding with huge businesses or do they tend to represent people who are seeing their land being destroyed?

You've made up your mind and no science or facts will penetrate that already formed "belief".

Doesn't something scare you about an industry that gets a 100% free pass on even telling any oversight agency what chemicals they are using?

Thousands of people are currently turning samples into the state for analysis and these states are saying that there is no proof and until there is they won't do anything include be a part of identifying what the problem is.

Yet there are people who can and have paid several thousand dollars for lab analysis, and that is proof enough to start the ball rolling for state assessments.

The house or senate has legislation up to negate the free pass the industry got in 2006. If there is no problem as you seem to feel, what is the problem with them undergoing normal regulations that exist for all industries and chemicals?

People who want to try to keep government and big business honest have to fight a party and it's hard right supporters that would rather allow business free passes on the worst pollution possible, the kind that lasts for decades if not centuries.

You'd feel differently if it was your ranch, farm, or entire community dealing with something like this. Too many people don't care if it isn't affecting them personally.

Originally Posted By: CoondoggerI haven't seen any problems with fracking that can be scienetficly proven..lots of enviornmentalists spewing lies about stuff, but nothing that has been proven..I don't see how the proccess can cause any real damage, but then I am not an engneer either..so take it for what it's worth..

You haven't seen, have you looked?

When you "have lots of environmentalists "spewing lies" and the GOP and the industry itself saying it's all good don't you sort of have to keep an open mind and pay attention to what the problems are that come up?

You don't see how 600 chemicals, some of which are absolutely known to be bad enough news that refineries have to keep them fully contained in populated areas or have a whole lot of sick people. What, is it okay to do whatever with them in lower populated areas? Chemicals that last forever, once they pollute ground water it's virtually forever? Pollution that the industry found it necessary to get a free pass on as pertains to future liability or oversight?

It's okay as long as it isn't affecting you or your community. As long as you don't see it it's all lies and BS.

Watch the documentary before deciding it's all BS.

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaIsn't it funny that the libs would be all up in arms about anything relating to oil. They want to drive their beamers and humvees though. Fracking, whether good or evil wouldn't be necessary if they allowed us to drill the massive fields we have available without major court battles. Let's see now someone remind me who stopped 99% of drilling here?

There has been more drilling in the last few years than had gone on during the last term of Bush's admin, the BS about less drilling is just that.

Not to mention we produce enough that we are exporters on the world market, so any increased drilling and production does nothing for domestic use. Oil companies export and import back refined products.

There is no shortage created demand for production that more production helps with anything except higher profits.

Originally Posted By: Yoteless in OhioAll I know about it is it has effectively eliminated any chance of buying reasonably priced land in the area of Ohio that I was hoping to buy in.

That land you wanted to buy may be available real cheap in the not so distant future when ranchers and farmers are forced to move.

Originally Posted By: CenturionOriginally Posted By: azmastablastaIsn't it funny that the libs would be all up in arms about anything relating to oil. They want to drive their beamers and humvees though. Fracking, whether good or evil wouldn't be necessary if they allowed us to drill the massive fields we have available without major court battles. Let's see now someone remind me who stopped 99% of drilling here?

I was in Fort Hood in 1975 and the oil fields were going like crazy everywhere. There was a Mexican in our company that would go AWOL every once in a while and go work in the oil fields. I think he said he was making around $25 an hour. He would be back in a few weeks in time so he wouldn't be charged with desertion. Even after the Article 15 he figured it was worth all the money he made. But that was only part of the story. The last time he went AWOL he got caught with something like 50 pounds of marijuana he was bringing across the border. It seems like it was somewhere around 1980 that I heard the government had the oil wells capped and we started being the Arabs favorite customer.

Oil wells do run dry. There are thousands of them in the Los Angeles area capped because they weren't producing enough to pay to keep them running.

Originally Posted By: dogcatcherFracking done correctly is perfectly safe. You have to remember some companies will take short cuts to save money. This small percentage causes problems for the legitimate companies, remember the BP blow out, one company tried to save a few dollars on a blow out protector, we all paid to clean up the mess.

It was Obama Admin.officials that allowed the procedure and the equipment,it was BP and Wall Street that spent heavy for Obama to be elected in 2008.
So news flash companies give to polititions,both sides,so dont act like the Democrats are clean,they are just as bad in not worse.
After the BP spill we all remember how Obama sat on his [beeep] and did little to help the states and in some cases hinder them from acting to stop oil from hitting the shores,we all remember that,and the, Press as with Bengazi just ignored his mistakes,but jumped on the hate BP band wagon.Actions that did nothing to stop or slow the flowing oil...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dead Down WindKeep the FRACKING going!

My family (Williston ND) currently has 2 wells free flowing 500 barrels per well a day, and, soon too be another pad added on one of them:)

NICE!!

How ya gonna feel about that when they or their neighbors can't drink their water?

Or will they just move and say fuggit?

My guess is you'll be singing another tune when their kids are sick and they have to move, then you'll want to sue someone for allowing this to happen.

I just pulled up pictures and articles in local newspapers of Williston, try it, in ten minutes you wouldn't think of moving there. Since the floods oil and chemicals have polluted rivers. There are some particularly nasty looking shots of rural roads that have stripes along the edges of the roads where tankers drive along and dump fracking fluids rather than properly dispose of them.

You can keep it and your oil.

My guess is that your area is soon to be a hotbed of controversial political battles between environmentalists and the GOP, the pollution is way too visible.

We'll talk to you in a year or two when you have to pull your head out because of what your family is reporting about their area.

Look at some pictures of the area and livestock and tell me "Nice" again.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: elixys....its funny you mention that because I'm the guy that goes out and recycles that water and makes it reusable. Not in that exact area but out here in w. Texas.

So then as that guy I'm sure you see your share of both how it is supposed to be done, and how it's not supposed to be done. There is the problem of getting rid of waste.

You may be dealing with industries that were under tougher regulation in terms of air emissions and waste confinement there, 2006 opened up a whole new manner of doing things that doesn't come under any oversight.

My guess is that you know things that happen that are not legal or right. People look the other way when it's their jobs, don't they?

Originally Posted By: woodguruOriginally Posted By: Dead Down WindKeep the FRACKING going!

My family (Williston ND) currently has 2 wells free flowing 500 barrels per well a day, and, soon too be another pad added on one of them:)

NICE!!

How ya gonna feel about that when they or their neighbors can't drink their water?

Or will they just move and say fuggit?

My guess is you'll be singing another tune when their kids are sick and they have to move, then you'll want to sue someone for allowing this to happen.

I just pulled up pictures and articles in local newspapers of Williston, try it, in ten minutes you wouldn't think of moving there. Since the floods oil and chemicals have polluted rivers. There are some particularly nasty looking shots of rural roads that have stripes along the edges of the roads where tankers drive along and dump fracking fluids rather than properly dispose of them.

You can keep it and your oil.

My guess is that your area is soon to be a hotbed of controversial political battles between environmentalists and the GOP, the pollution is way too visible.

We'll talk to you in a year or two when you have to pull your head out because of what your family is reporting about their area.

Look at some pictures of the area and livestock and tell me "Nice" again.

Obviously you have your mind made up in typical liberal fashion and aren't listening to the facts. The State of North Dakota did their own studies, they have monitored the process extensively, and there is not a problem with fracking there. Been going on for 5 - 6 years now, and NO reports of ground water pollution, NONE, ZERO, ZIP, NADA... and having spent 14 years in the municipal water industry in the state of ND, I know the people that are monitoring it very well. I know the people running the municipal water systems personally, and it's not a problem. Furthermore, the fracking compound they're using up there, is non-toxic, and again... They are fracking over 2 miles below the acquifer.

Not that that makes any difference in your attempts to stir the pot, cause discourse, or insult other members of the forum's intelligence or their personalities, in your usual troll fashion. Do we need to go back to the gunbroker forum and start importing your fable threads again?

Originally Posted By: woodguruOriginally Posted By: Rocky1The state of North Dakota found no issues with the process what so ever. Told the EPA to go the he11 back to DC and do whatever they do down there, that they'd take of ND.

"The state of North Dakota found no issues"

Yeah, uh huh, and states are known for siding with huge businesses or do they tend to represent people who are seeing their land being destroyed?

You've made up your mind and no science or facts will penetrate that already formed "belief".

Doesn't something scare you about an industry that gets a 100% free pass on even telling any oversight agency what chemicals they are using?

Thousands of people are currently turning samples into the state for analysis and these states are saying that there is no proof and until there is they won't do anything include be a part of identifying what the problem is.

Yet there are people who can and have paid several thousand dollars for lab analysis, and that is proof enough to start the ball rolling for state assessments.

The house or senate has legislation up to negate the free pass the industry got in 2006. If there is no problem as you seem to feel, what is the problem with them undergoing normal regulations that exist for all industries and chemicals?

People who want to try to keep government and big business honest have to fight a party and it's hard right supporters that would rather allow business free passes on the worst pollution possible, the kind that lasts for decades if not centuries.

You'd feel differently if it was your ranch, farm, or entire community dealing with something like this. Too many people don't care if it isn't affecting them personally.

I'm not real sure what the he11 you're smoking, but you should seek intervention dude! What part of the State of North Dakota has been monitoring the operation, since day one, and there is not a problem, is it that you can't seem to digest. They've done every test there is to do, and there is NOT a problem. And, unlike California where the liberal government employees can be bought and bribed, that doesn't happen in the State Health Department and the State Water Commission in ND. That I can assure you. I dealt with them both for 14+ years. I know where they stand, and they will not sell the people or the state's resources out for any amount of money. The people and their health are job 1. Period. They are simply tired of being pushed around by the EPA and refuse to accept the liberal Bu11shit as gospel.

And, it wasn't just my community when it started. I was my community, 2 neighboring communities, 60% of the residents of one county I served, and 40% of the residents of another. SO don't sit there in your confused and f***ed up little world, and try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, because I faced those issues on a daily basis for several years moron. And, I dealt with people every day that were closer to the problem than I was.

Back