FOXPRO's New Products for 2010

Yes the SC-Pro is absolutely defining.

It is the only caller that causes pain in my ears.

Next would be the PB then the CS-24 (Krakatoa)

Hammer

Hammer, Snowman, I know you've said before, but what model CS24 do you both have? A "bullet proof" caller that will last is what I'm looking for. I would like the "Krakatoa" or would the 10 watt be loud enough for crow hunting and coyote hunting in open country? Thanks for your help guys.

Considering that a coyote can easily hear a lip squeak at 200 yds or more, they will have no trouble hearing the 10W CS-24. I have called them in from long distances with the caller a long way from full volume. Same for crows.

youthunter57,
I have the standard CS-24 with 10Watt TOA speaker. I had mine setup with the 15Watt TOA, but changed it back to the 10Watt, simply because it's more compact and I didn't seem to gain much with the 15W.

hammer007 hit it right. The SC-Pro is crazy loud, followed by the PB and then CS-24 (regular). I haevn't heard the Krakatoa, but can imagine it's a loud one. I haven't got my dosimeter yet, but will have some solid decibel readings on the various new callers shortly, dispelling any myths about what is or isn't the loudest caller(s).

snowcamo have you run your cs24 with a 2nd toa speaker plugged in? If so how was the sound was it worth lugging the 2nd TOA with you? How much did it affect battery life

I mainly go after black bandits.

I have my Fury and FX3 out on loan now to some buddies so I may buy the 10W CS-24 for it size and remote.

The Krack is very large to carry around with me moving stand to stand in fact it is a pain so I will regroup on what my yote set up will be next year.

I am going to have to modify my MA for crow hunting though. I could not imagine using 1 speaker and being able to shoot over 100 crows in one shoot. I have never done that with one speaker set up before and those buggers are getting harder and harder to shoot!

Hammer

lowtempguru,
I've tested out the CS-24 at home with the TOA 15W and TOA 30W models. It's pretty amazing sounding in stereo with the extra speaker running. I only tested it at home in that configuration though, I haven't hunted with it like that. I'll have some custom stereo sounds made up for next season though to give it a shot. I'm going to do a battery run-time test with all of the callers and will run the CS-24 with another TOA plugged in to see how it affects run-time.

The second TOA gives you the ability to use the stereo sounds, especially sequences, and get the full effect. I have a 10 ft. cord on my extra speaker, and the realism you can achieve is unbelievable. Just started field testing it so I won't know how effective it is for a while. It sure sounds great.

For the price, the 10 watt may be the way to go, and add another speaker later if needed for extra volume. Thanks for the info and advice guys. This is a new world to me. A Nite-Lite cassette caller is as high tech as I ever got. yh57

yote 57 the 10 watt cs-24 will be plenty for your area for sure! It is a little firecracker of a caller. I have both a 10 w and 15 w cs-24 and I may get a tad more sound dispersion with the 15, but the 10 w unit is a really nice caller and I call in areas you can see for 10 miles and more.

Thanks, that's what I kinda wanted to know. Arkansas ain't all hillbilly land, there's open farm country where I live. I also want to pull in crows from the next zip code. LOL

I saw the decoy at the expo,dont think youll have to worry about breaking that thing putting it in the ground.Thing looks like a tank for the size.

Back