Foxpro sounds for Bobcats ?

Woodpecker and snowshoe hare have worked for me. I think anything that is high pitched and fast will work though. Good luck.

I would also get a feather decoy or a woodpecker decoy to set by the FX3. It really keeps their attention and draws them in. Don't worry about using the snowshoe call with a woodpecker decoy, it works great.

Of the four bobcats I've called this year, three have been with the #233 jack rabbit distress (one w/Scorpion, two w/FX5). The other one, came in to coyote pup distress, of all things...

- DAA

Really ? That is really strange, in all the years I've called, I've never had any luck calling in a cat, I'm really hoping for one this year !

Lighting Jack works for me, I feel like crying every time I hear it. The cat I took this week came in, picked up the JIB and locked in like radar. My buddy had to mew at her to get her to stop. Too bad they all are not that easy.

Oddly I have had many Bucks come to this call this year. Including an 8 pt. before the cat showed up.

Quote:
Really ? That is really strange, in all the years I've called, I've never had any luck calling in a cat, I'm really hoping for one this year !

Well... I'm the furthest thing from someone who should give advice on calling bobcats. I almost never try for them specifically. But, I do call in a few every year, while trying for coyotes. For me, it seems to be all about location, and not about sound. When we call certain types of terrain, I almost expect to see a bobcat come in to the call -- and occasionally one does. It's no different than how you can tell just by looking at some spots that there are coyotes within hearing. Some spots you can tell there has to be a bobcat living close by. But, honestly, I shouldn't even be commenting - I know diddly about calling the darn things and all mine are accidents...

- DAA

Jackrabbit distress, lightning jack, snowshoe hare 1, baby cottontail, has been real good for me and bobcats this year..

Well... I'm the furthest thing from someone who should give advice on calling bobcats. I almost never try for them specifically. But, I do call in a few every year, while trying for coyotes. For me, it seems to be all about location, and not about sound. When we call certain types of terrain, I almost expect to see a bobcat come in to the call -- and occasionally one does. It's no different than how you can tell just by looking at some spots that there are coyotes within hearing. Some spots you can tell there has to be a bobcat living close by. But, honestly, I shouldn't even be commenting - I know diddly about calling the darn things and all mine are accidents...

- DAA

DAA

Why dont you take me with you and I will shot the darn things for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I have been trying my but off to get a bobcat and you have called a few in. How does that work? Maybe Im trying to hard.

we have called in 3 bobcats this year. all 3 were called using jackrabbit distress. we have also just got lucky calling them in- all 3 showed up within 15 min.

I can't even imagine calling in a bobcat. I haven't really tried too hard but have been wishing one would show up on a coyote stand.

I found a dead one once on a coyote stand, looked like what was left of a young one, but never called one in, even in areas that I know they are in ! Wish me luck Boys !

Back