FoxPro Sound Issues????????

There are times when a "fake" sound is actually better than real animal squalls. A good lip squeak, hand squeak and some guys who are experts with their own vocal chords can make some awesome calling sounds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hear you Rich, and know your right, but always feel better knowing its the real deal, instead of a fella blowing thru a reed. Im sure I am setting the bar to high, but I was used to my WT and its sounds. Pretty tough to beat the quality and clarity of that machine, but my left arm was getting three inches longer from toting it around for three years:)
I really like my FP, so light, handy, like carrying nothing, and has plenty of volumne. Mike and I have corresponded before about sound issues and such. Maybe it's the recording conditions, or Im just expecting to much? Im sure I'll get used to the sound change, and yes, it most likely will do fine....I was just spoiled:)

ChileRojo,
I know exactly where you are coming from on that subject. I have hunted over two different models of the WT. The clarity of sounds coming out of those things are indeed awesome. There are several reasons for that. The quality of the recorder used to capture the sound, quality of the speaker used on calling machine when playing back said sound etc., etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FoxPro and Crappy sounds do not go together in my book! Any problems with FoxPro outta be dealt with on the phone with FoxPro, AKA Mike Dillon, b/c I have NEVER had anything but good luck with mine and AWESOME customer service from Mike! JMO FP is the best!

I've owned 2 foxpro's, I haven't heard a crappy sound yet, But it dose make a difference how close the unit it to you when you are listening, back off 50 yards and it sounds better,
On my new foxpro i left 5 blank spots so I could load my own sounds With a hand caller, I think some of my own sounds are better than the real deal. At least when hunting in pressured area's I know the coyotes haven't heard my sounds yet and that sometime makes a difference.

Gentlemen, I do not have a Fox Pro but I do have a response that will perhaps merit some value. FoxPro is said to be the best caller there is. Currently I am look at the FoxPro and Bushmaster. Now to my intent of this reply. Foxpro is a company constructed by people, who make mistakes. People who make mistakes on a good company will repair them free of charge; as FoxPro is said to have done. I have had the same situation with one of the top manufacturers of rifle scopes in the world; LEUPOLD. I recently perchased a Leupold Vari X III 3.5-10x40mm scope from a gun dealer in town. Mounted it on a Vanguard Weatherby 300WSM with Leupold bases and rings. However, upon sighting the rifle in, the scope would not zero in. The vertical adjustments on the crosshairs would not even move. So, I sent the scope to Leupold who repaired it free of charge and sent it back.
The point is, everyone makes mistakes, even companies. Don't bash on FoxPro because of a minor malfunction. They took resonsibility and fixed the call right?

Not only did they fix the call on the same day they received the unit back at the factory. Mike Dillon is going to refund MY shipping charges and give me a coupon for free re-programming if I wish to do so in the future! I could not be more pleased with the service I have received. A+++++++

I got my fully repaired unit back today and it sounds wonderful! The yotes are in trouble now! I want to tell everyone how pleased I am with everyone involved at FoxPro!

1) The unit was shipped back to me NEXT DAY AIR!!!
2) My shipping to them was refunded!
3) I was given a certificate for free re-programming!
4) My sounds were re-programmed in a different order at the same time the repairs were being done!

1-3 above were done by Mike Dillon, I asked for none of these! 4 was done at my request.

I'm a FoxPro user for life! As soon as some of the guys I hunt with see this, there will be more orders coming...

Thanks again for everything Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back