FoxPro Hellfire Remote Issues

Rammer

I recently got my Fox Pro Hellfire, and it is a very clear, good sounding call. My only problem is the remote only have a range of 20-30 yards. Even at those distances my remote doesn't work 100% of the time. Is there a fix for this without going back to Fox Pro?

Also, the fox bang feature, last nite under the full moon I called in a pair of coyotes and the first one was shot dircetly over the top of the call, and no fox bang. The second one was shot almost directly over the top of the call, and again no change.

I have the Fox Bang showing in the upper left of my remote on Medium.

Thanks for any help.

Does the Fox Bang activate from the gunshot via the remote or the call? I haven't been able to find out that information. I am planning on doing some target shooting today and want to see if I can get it to work.

I also recently bought a fox-pro Hellfire! when i first started using it i also had those same issues. I read my manual and started troubleshooting from there! This is my experience with my hellfire I found that if you hold the remote up(vertical) and don't point it strait at the caller like a t.v. remote and try to have a clear line of site and elevate the caller in a tree or on a rock, the remote works better! Don't use cheap batteries! as for the fox bang, i
shoot a 22-250 and i also had troubles on medium! you need to raise the sensitivity level which is explained in the manual! other than those issues, i really like my hellfire! my friend has a c24 and it is very comparable in sound and volume! the c24 is aluminum and has a better remote with more features!
Hope that helped you out!
NODAK

I have a Hellfire and also had range problems when I first started using it. I now have it sitting on top of a tripod(Bogpod). It works a lot better now but still have the occaisional problem. Its too bad it needs to be elevated like this as it makes the call a lot heavier to carry. I'm hoping to find a lighter tripod. The foxbang works great on medium with my 223.

Originally Posted By: yotesniper13I have a Hellfire and also had range problems when I first started using it. I now have it sitting on top of a tripod(Bogpod). It works a lot better now but still have the occaisional problem. Its too bad it needs to be elevated like this as it makes the call a lot heavier to carry. I'm hoping to find a lighter tripod. The foxbang works great on medium with my 223.

Nikon and Van Guard both make a light weight tripod that is much lighter than the Bog Pod's. Both are named Light Compact Tripods. I like the Nikon a little better because it is a little taller. Both are very very LIGHT!!

Hey guys, I have played with it some more, and it has more fur credited to it. I still haven't been able to get the Fox Bang to work one time on it, I set the setting to Highest. I have my Hellfire zip tied on my backpack and i set my backpack on a snowdrift so it is elevated somewhat.

I was calling under the full moon in -6 to 6 degrees so I'm wondering if my remote isn't "freezing" up. I started packing it in my hand warmer with a few hot hands going and it seems to work a little better, but the range is still 20 yards tops (this is flat ground with the call set same height as me).

I went to Wal-Mart this morning and got a tripod for $14. It raises the caller up to about 12". I was getting it to work repeatedly @ 80 yds while standing up line of sight. About 60 yds sitting down with the caller hiding behind some weeds and about the same with me hiding in the middle of some round bales of hay with the caller nowhere in sight. Yesterday while calling It wouldn't consistently work @ 30yds unobstructed sitting on the ground.

Pleasant-20130106-00220.jpg

Ive had FoxPros with the same issues, scared to put it out past 30 yds bc then you have to get up and get it to bring it closer. I sent mine back to FoxPro and they said they had it working at 200yds. I didn't want to call BS on that one bc they have always been very good customer service but I always used it while calling, never really tested the distance. I have the Krakatoa now and really seems to outperform the CS24 and the XR6 I had as far as the range on remotes.

Back