Foxpro draining batteries

fish1966

My Foxpro Fusion will drain alkaline batteries if they are left in the unit for a period of time. I sent the unit back to Fox Pro last year and they said it was a loose wire and it was fixed but I'm still having the same issue. I can put new batteries in it and not use it and they will be dead months later. Normal or not?

personally me, I always unplug my AA battery packs from from my ecalls/Foxpro when I not hunting . I have had experiences with other electronics and hand thermals where the batteries were always on a slow drain of power even turned off . dead batteries in few weeks.
I guess ?? there is a some constant subtle slow power drain with running onboard features in some electronics . I even got a couple pair of cheaper Digital Calipers that will go 'grey screen' in about one month when not in use .

personally me, I always unplug my AA battery packs from from my ecalls/Foxpro when I not hunting . I have had experiences with other electronics and hand thermals where the batteries were always on a slow drain of power even turned off . dead batteries in few weeks.
I guess ?? there is a some constant subtle slow power drain with running onboard features in some electronics . I even got a couple pair of cheaper Digital Calipers that will go 'grey screen' in about one month when not in use .
I have started unplugging the battery pack as of lately. My nephew told me he got his foxpro caller that has been in the closet for a year and still worked fine on old alkaline batteries that were installed. Lol. I told him I didn't have that kind of luck

I have started unplugging the battery pack as of lately. My nephew told me he got his foxpro caller that has been in the closet for a year and still worked fine on old alkaline batteries that were installed. Lol. I told him I didn't have that kind of luck

After a few flashlight of mine been totaled leaving batteries in long time and sitting.. Leaking old batteries are a 'will happen' with me . unless there Brand name Lithium AA's I never trust not leaking. But even Li Batteries I will try not to neglect for leaving in units anymore.

I use Tenergy NiMH rechargeables in my Fusion. They have worked well for me even when left in the unit. I've been using the same three sets of batteries for about four years.

I can't remember having a remote caller that didn't slowly discharge batteries. If I haven't used that particular caller for a few weeks and I forgot to disconnect the battery pack I just put new batteries in before I go. I run three callers right now so one might fall out of the rotation.

Back