FoxPro Banshee

Mike does a great job displaying and promoting his products here. But some may be looking for a consumer report from a neutral party.

The Banshee looks like an awesome unit, but set up for a specific purpose.

Anyone using one of these yet?

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: DoubleCK
The Banshee looks like an awesome unit, but set up for a specific purpose.

what specific purpose would that be?

My bad. I had the Screaming Banshee in mind.

Looks like a lot of call.

Yes I'm looking for a real world review. Looks to be a simple remote. That I like, not looking to start the typical pissin match with the prostaff guys and the rest of us but just guys opinions on how it hunts.

DoubleCK what do you mean by specific use ?

N8Will,

My initial thoughts on the Screaming Banshee are that it looks like it would be a great caller for big, open, windy conditions. Maybe a great unit to mount on a vehicle for night calling. But looks like it would be less user friendly than many other FPs available for the long hikes.

I also am curious to hear more about that remote. I have had three TX-1000s and they are ideal for my old abused eyes.

DCK

Yes sir I agree. Been wanting a CS24 but surppressosr and custom rifles are really eating all my funds. I like my hellfire works well but like you the bigger screen would be nice.

I haven't field tested a Banshee or a Screaming Banshee. If I did, I would report on the features and how they worked in real world hunting situations. That is my approach to all field tests. Member of the FoxPro Field Staff are not required to make posts at all.

I've had my Banshee out several times, and it works great. The remote is great compared to my old FX3. So much easier being able to look at the remote, and get exactly the sound and volume you want. Unfortunately, I've had no takers on coyotes. They are a real challenge to hunt in this populated area of Ga. The Banshee is a real winner, in my opinion.

I got my banshee out today for the first time, great caller, the remote is just enough of the bells and whistles. Very simpleeasy to use. If your looking for a user friendly loud call I recomend this one.

Banshee arrived tonight. Just threw some batteries in to try it out. SERIOUSLY LOUD! With my external speaker it is deafening. Hope to try it out this weekend in the woods.

Horrible with Costco alkaline batteries. I fooled with my new Banshee at home for less than an hour and took it hunting. It quit during the beginning of the 3rd set (less than 60 min total at volume 15).

That's why Foxpro recommends rechargeable packs, apparently the higher end callers last much longer with better batteries. I ordered the Li-Ion pack a few days ago.

Back