Foxbang without a suppressor ?

Sambobocel

I’m new to posting on this forum, not sure if I’m if I’m in the correct thread for this but my question for discussion is;
Being a newer to serious coyote hunting and living in Alberta, Canada where we aren’t aloud to run suppressors, is the foxbang running a pup distress to try and pull a double something that would be worth it or affective since I’m not aloud to run suppressed? Let me know your opinions/thoughts and tell me if I should or shouldn’t be posting questions like this in this area.

Ask any question you want on here. That is what this place is for. To answer your question, that is the theory behind foxbang. I used it in th past with pup distress/kiyi but quit using it and run a diaphram to kiyi or howl after shooting the first.

Ask any question you want on here. That is what this place is for. To answer your question, that is the theory behind foxbang. I used it in th past with pup distress/kiyi but quit using it and run a diaphram to kiyi or howl after shooting the first.
thanks for the tip, i will forsure be trying the diaphram next go around.

Using foxbang can give the chance for another shot on a missed coyote or second coyote. The intent of it is to slow or stop a coyote for a follow up shot. I set mine with a pup distress but you could use any sound you want.

As for asking questions or any other post. Pick the forum you think it fits best in and post it. If it truly does not belong where you put it, one of the directors or moderators will move it and let you know. This does not happen very often.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

I’m new to posting on this forum, not sure if I’m if I’m in the correct thread for this but my question for discussion is;
Being a newer to serious coyote hunting and living in Alberta, Canada where we aren’t aloud to run suppressors, is the foxbang running a pup distress to try and pull a double something that would be worth it or affective since I’m not aloud to run suppressed? Let me know your opinions/thoughts and tell me if I should or shouldn’t be posting questions like this in this area.
Foxbang feature has nothing to with running or not running a suppressor. This feature works with or without them. In fact it works best WITHOUT running a suppressor. Just set your sensitivity level to low or medium and test it out next time you hunt. Heck you can just ding your call remote against a tripod leg and foxbang will work. And yes, having it set to play pup distess 3 can be very effective in getting a coyote fleeing after you shot his buddy to stop and look back or come back.

Using an old FX5 so don't have foxbang, but coyote pup distress is my #1 preset. Always hit it as soon as I shoot....sometimes one comes, sometimes not. Gotta be one nearby. Have made a habit of playing pup distress at end of stands as well, then sit a while and see what happens.

Ditto on Desert Ram post has also spoiled my stand when going off at most undesired time. I also just use pre set now . Have Fox Pro X-24 it is great this feature just not great when solo hunting moving for shot or setting on ground can set off with minimal tic or bump . Mine was set for 22-250

Welcome to Predator Hunting 101 and the insanity of our sport.

You are in the right place. We started Predator Hunting 101 for just these kinds of questions.

You absolutely should throw out pup distress or even a ki-yi even without a suppressor. Coyotes don't like gunshots or any loud, metallic noises but coyotes further away may not figure out where the sound came from or why. Throwing out pup distress or ki-yi's can definitely get more than one coyote to come in.

FoxBang is a neat feature that just let's the caller focus on shooting rather than scrolling through sounds manually.

On average, how long are you guys letting pup distress or Ki-yi’s play after taking a shot?

Let’s say you call a single in, shoot it, but have nothing else in immediate sight to suggest there’s another one coming in.

I’ve killed a few doubles unsuppressed. My step dad killed a quad unsuppressed with foxbang

Unfortunately I’m not a fan of fox bang. It’s too sensitive and I’ve had it go off before by even just hitting the remote against something. So I have it turned off. I just use my presets after the shot

I’ve killed many doubles and 1 triple with the fox bang. My pup in distress goes off at the shot and is very effective in bringing others in if the situation is right. Yes it’s sensitive to being bumped but I keep my remote on a neck lanyard and keep it tucked in my outer jacket to avoid that situation.
IMG_2090.jpeg

I will roll pup distress or ki-yi if I knock one down unless something happens like a runner that we have to go after...supressed makes it more likely to get a few but I've gotten plenty of doubles unsuppressed...

As far as how long...that really depends on how quick the first one comes in...real quick first kill and I'll let pup distress go for a minute or two then roll back into my regular sequence...if they come in later on the stand I'll roll pup distress for srveral minutes...I might even throw in a howl of some fight sounds...

Back