Fox question's

Kenawell1

I finally found 2 baby fox today!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I almost steped on one. I was riding a 4 wheeler and seen the 1 and I jumped off to get a better look, as it ran I turned to get on the wheeler and there I almost steped on the 2nd. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Heres my question, When they are young like about a foot tall, they looked brown/tan kinda. Were they gray's or reds. I assume reds get more redish hair as they get older? Both fox looked the same color wise. I was thinking wheres the mother at? She had to be near.
I live in Altoona PA. Whats your opinion's
Dave

Interesting..I would bet you probably saw a baby red fox.I could be wrong though.

I googled baby gray fox and they look like a spitting image
of an adult.Just smaller obviously.

I have seen tons of baby reds but never a baby gray.

What kind of terrain were you riding in??

woodsy thick type stuff, My dad said the last fox he seen up there was a gray, that was a few years ago.
I also googled them. LOL I also looked at baby yotes. all 3 animals resembled the two I seen. I dont wanna sound dumb but im not quite sure what they were. I seen them only for about 5-6 seconds. They both looked like each pictures I looked at even they baby coyote. I have a good idea of the den location.
those lil guys were "cute" I want to mount one or two , or three in the future, hopefully soon!

Hey dave if they were right there above your parents place they were baby red fox I was up there turkey hunting friday morning and seen the female and two baby red fox pup's.They went out towards bagleys hill,to me I think they were coming from wickers field I seen them about 8:30 in the morning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

lol geez!! thats private land . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thats cool you seen em to. where were you when you seen them? You think there Reds? hows the mother look?

Baby grays definitely look just like a mature gray. I'm quite certain you saw baby reds which will turn red later.

Wickers is hit and miss the mother looked pretty healthy,whats private up there.Wickers field will be here pretty soon since luther wicker passed on skippy wicker got the ground and a friend of mine is in the process of buying it as we speak,it will all be posted then.Did you see all the orange markings on all the trees the water dept. was up there marking all their property boundries to open it all up for public hunting that will suck cuz they are gonna run an add in the paper showing where all their land is that is open to public hunting now,just like they did up around the second res.I see that they marked about half way up the hill from your dad's.That will be great LOL. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ill cut all them down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
well i remeber when they ran that ad a few years ago. there was a Pile of people by the second res. Thats fine if other ppl come up.. We have those woods covered .. theres about 8 of us plus you that I know directly hunts a great deal up there.
The guy who owns alot of that land has it posted, I forget his name, I was granted permission to hunt ne where up there. some of those people really p!ss me off . I seen 1 guy about 4 years ago on Justins ground shot and killed 2 doe and he even told me "I tried to get all 3 but they were runnin fast"!
I have been up there since I have been 12, I dont put up with ppl's sh!t .

There is barry mckee's ground and charlie feather's ground and kanes ground,they are the three biggest landowners up that way.Yeah but you know as well as I do when they open that up to the public the people that come in there dont care if you hunted there all your life or not if the spot looks good to them they will move right in on ya,just the way inconsiderate people are.That's why I can't wait until my friend finalizes on the wicker ground deal because were gonna put a big corn field in where the field is and some smaller food plots around and he already talked to scott mitchell on good's side and he is gonna shut his land down also I mean it sucks for some people but what can ya do.We are gonna implement no doe shooting on the ground for two years and eight points with a sixteen inch spread or bigger gotta do somethin or their ain't gonna be no deer left up there.Plus I figure with all that goin on the yote's and foxes will really move in because its thick on the sides of them hills up there plus with all the food sources it'll bring them on in to more then there are up there now.

Yeah .. Kane dont own that much... bagley owns more then him im pretty sure. If that happens Both sides will get posted also that way people can not at least enter on the sides of the ground /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I dont get the watershed. where did you hear this at? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

Red:

foxcub030406small.jpg

Gray:

greyfoxcub.jpg

Quote:
Heres my question, When they are young like about a foot tall, they looked brown/tan kinda. Were they gray's or reds. Whats your opinion's
Dave

A foot tall? Brown/tan?
Did they look like these? Link

These weren't even a foot tall...

Back