FLIR's NEW PTQ136 (BREACH), Lightest Hand Held Thermal Released!

If anyone is interested in helmet mounting one of these, stay away from the bayonet option with the armasight swing arm#37. It provides little adjustment and does not sit square with your eye. Going to try the swingarm #172 dovetail with a g24 but have heard of people having to sand down the dovetail on the swingarm for a proper fit.

Originally Posted By: Natec22If anyone is interested in helmet mounting one of these, stay away from the bayonet option with the armasight swing arm#37. It provides little adjustment and does not sit square with your eye. Going to try the swingarm #172 dovetail with a g24 but have heard of people having to sand down the dovetail on the swingarm for a proper fit.

Yes, after testing we took them down off our web site and we've been working with FLIR getting another unit made.

Not sure on the dovetail locking into the Wilcox G-24. No issue on any of our systems including the pics we took on this thread. (we did take down the bayonet pics), thank you for the reminder.

Update: No go on swing arm #172. Won’t lock into a brand new G24. Pretty sad you have to go with $1200+ in mounting hardware to run a $2500 thermal. Hope they come up with something soon otherwise these may not sell very well.

Did you get the mount from us? Please send it in along with the G24 if you did. PM if you like...We can send you a label. I would like to inspect this. Thank you.

I'm checking out options for a thermal monocular, and this FLIR Breach seems like a good fit for my needs. I don't yet use a helmet, and am looking at the costs involved to begin using one hosting the PTQ136. Is there helmet mount setup that's working well with the PTQ136?

Originally Posted By: Natec22Update: No go on swing arm #172. Won’t lock into a brand new G24. Pretty sad you have to go with $1200+ in mounting hardware to run a $2500 thermal. Hope they come up with something soon otherwise these may not sell very well.

Armasight Swing Arm #172 did not engage the catch on my Wilcox L4G24. I had to grind the dovetail down to get it to fit. Also, the Mini rail side of the Swing Arm has a lot of play in it. AND, the width adjustment on the swing arm is just barely narrow enough for me, and my Pupillary distance is about 2-5/8". That Armasight item is really a disappointment.

Back