FLIR RS Thermal Images

This is the first time you have used it? What was the weather like?

Take some time and learn how to use it under varying weather conditions, if all you see is a blob at 50 or 100 yards all the time, something is seriously wrong.

A 336 core and a 35mm lens is a powerful instrument when used correctly.

It was my first hunt with it. I have been playing with it fir several days. The weather was great last night. Clear skies, 39 degrees. I could make out heat signatures from animals. We had a possum 25 yards away and could not tell what it was. I tried turning the front knob, adjusting the brightness, tried all of the different colors. On the red and orange screen I just have a flat red screen or a flat Orange screen. I ordered another one for my buddy which should be here soon. I can't wait to compare the two. I hope that mine is just faulty and this is not what I can expect from it. If so I want my ps32 back. I could see my hand print on a metal building 25 yards away with the ps32, not with the thermosight!

This PS-32R has the same 336 core and 35mm lens as your RS32-35mm, the trees behind the deer across the pond are 250 yards away, I can tell a coon from a possum at 200 yards and a deer from a coyote.

Sounds like you need to spend some more time getting to know how to use it, it is a powerful instrument.

My friend had to return his rs 64 because of focus issues. It was impossible to tell identify any animal at any range they sent him a new one immediately

Originally Posted By: 899My friend had to return his rs 64 because of focus issues. It was impossible to tell identify any animal at any range they sent him a new one immediately

That is good service, were the issues resolved?

Yes, after getting the new one it worked perfectly easily identifying hogs out to 300 yards after learning what to look for even further than that.The service from flir is almost the sole reason to buy from them, a quality company that has been around for a long time

After using this device in th the field tonight I have decided that something is really wrong with the unit. After taking a shot the scope automatically zooms all the way in to 4x. I shot two foxes and it happened both times. Also the only mode that allows me to use the device for hunting is level 14. The device is very grainy and there are vertical lines going through the screen. This sucks!

It sounds like I am having the same problem as 899. With my ps32 I could see things very clearly a. With the rs32 no matter which way I turn the front knob everything is blurry. I was looking at my shockwave call tonight from 25 yards away and could not tell what it was. Just a blob!

I'm going to call them on Monday. It was so strange. I took the shot and the scope went to 4x zoom. I had to turn the scope off to get it to respond. When I turned it back on the scope had lines running through the screen. I have the scope attached to a .223. Do I call flir or the company that I purchased the scope from? I bought two scopes, one from TNVC and one from a different company. The one from TNVC arrived on Friday. I compared it to the scope that I had already purchased and it has much more clarity and is not as grainy as mine. I am still surprised by the difference between the ps32 and the rs32. I would love to have a reticle in the ps32!!

I did manage to shoot two red fox with it last night. Both of them were only 50 yards out. I would post a picture but I can't figure out how to do that!

imagejpg6_zps5b51ae75.jpg

Last edited:
Great pair of foxes there. You did good in spite of the scope problems. As good as FLIR is, you should have zero difficulty getting those problems resolved. They are a great outfit, from my experience.

Back