First piece for my first build! (Last pic before 100% completion- 09/11/2016!!!)

X-Caliber makes amazing barrels for the price. What was the final cost on your barrel with spiral fluting? I like the Luth MBA stock for a precision rig. Check out the Sierra Precision SPR grip. It is super comfortable and puts your finger in a better trigger position. Do yourself the favor and get an Aero Precision Ultralight mount. I just ordered 3 from Granite Ridge Outfitters with their 20% off sale. Awesome parts list and a sexy barrel. That will be a very nice build when completed.

I love my luth MBA 1 on my AR....my grendel has been riding on that lower for a while now and it's just some comfortable. I never thought it was possible to be bored shooting steel at 600 yards but after playing with that grendel I can say its possible now hahaha

I think I will be going with the Luth buttstock. I was wasn't certain how the different stocks would balance the rifle. I don't want the rifle to be too front heavy. I do like a little more weight up front though, because for me, it helps hold a little more steady on sticks and bipods.

I just can't decide on the handguard..... Lol. I like the looks of the Aero, but I also like the little different look the Seekins provides. Decisions decisions!

The parts are slowly trickling in! Got the uppers for our rifles today. I did a quick little mock up just because! Now after a decision is made on the handguard, I can go talk to the Cerakote shop and make a plan there!

Someday, I'll be shooting this thing!!!

Originally Posted By: MatlockVery nice! Spiral fluting looks good. Maybe I missed it in the thread, but what upper and barrel did you end up going with?

I went with X-Caliber for the barrel. It looks really good. The flutes look good, bore looks smooth, and the finish looks great. It will end up getting Cerakoted anyways, but it still shows quality.

The upper is an Aero Precision. Not a whole lot to say there.... They are known for good quality uppers. I will see how it actually fits the lower when I get my parts kit.

More parts sneaking into the house! I think I'm gonna have to start donating plasma to speed this along!!! Not sure if I mentioned this, but my buddy and I are actually building twin rifles, so there's actually 2 of everything sitting in the safe. Anyway, here's the gas blocks that will fit under the rail, and the rifle length gas tubes.

Finally decided on a handguard. We are going with a 15" Seekins MCSR V2 in M-Lok. Time to save some more $$$.

Added a couple more parts! Got a Seekins MCSR M-Loc Rail and an Ergo grip. I just did a little mock up with the pieces. I do have to give a huge shoutout to JoeBob Outfitters! I have ordered most my parts from them and the shipping times has been amazing! Most my packages have been at my door in 2 days.

I need to get my trigger guard and then talk with the Cerakote guy. At this point, I plan to coat everything before fully assembling, in order to save having to deal with all the roll pins multiple times.

I plan on having the upper and lower receivers, trigger guard, and hand guard coated a custom mix Burnt Bronze. The barrel will be coated black.

Looks great! You'll have to PM me the details of your Cerakote guy so I can do the same once my AR is ready. Keep the pictures coming
smile.gif

Thanks guys! I am getting super anxious now. In all reality, I have everything I need to test fire the upper if I mounted it on my M&P lower. I just figured I'd wait until everything was Cerakoted and it would give me time to get rounds loaded and a scope decision made.

Been following your build, kind of sparked my interest in putting together my own. Have my lower built and am waiting on a handguard and a few other things for the upper.

Back