First Muller scope-not a good start!

Originally Posted By: Field MedicI would think JB's would cover the action of eplacement of this scope for no better reason than to avoid the poor press they are getting on this and I'm sure other forums ..

What a turn of events if JB'S would have replaced the three day old scope . They have a direct line and better working experience with Mueller than any common customer.. That being done the poster would have praised JB's customer service and even though it's common for the purchaser to have to deal with a Defective scope directly with Mueller JB's had gone "out of their way" to make it right.. Making it right retains and furthers more customers. I believe this situation is going to cost JB customers..

We don't negotiate with terrorists or whining prissies on Internet forums. I'm sorry the sun didn't shine all day every day in your wonderland. But if you want to be angry at Joseph, your going to be awfully lonely on that island. But that's no clue at all is it? The situation has been more than reasonably explained but your "The customer by god!" and find the answer/solution to be unacceptable because its not YOUR solution. But as usual no doubt the squeaky wheel will get the grease.

Chupa

Chupa, who is we. Do you own this forum. Calling people names setting behind a computer makes you a bad dude. Do you have a bumper sticker on your truck that says "I'm a bad man". Got a tap out sticker in your window. This is a forum where people discuss issues. If you and Joesph are buds, well join hands and sing a song. Sorry it is not what you want to hear. I had the issue and stated just how it went down. If that bothers you,well so be it. It is what it is, you can't change that. You are entitled to your opinion as this is the USA. Calling people names is childish, especially from your computer. Do that to someone in person probably won't go as well for you.Don

chupa: Who exactly is WE??? I believe the out comings of Mr. Armstrong's dilemma seemed mixed. But that's fine if you feel you need to have an army behind you to state your case then so be it! JB sold it under the inference that the scope would be in working order. IN "my wonderland" that constitutes a contract between Mr. Armstrong and JB... You sell it your responsible for it...But I may be amiss, you don't happen to work at Best Buy do you? If so I can see why you may be of the opinion that if you want the delicacy or the right to return directly to the point of purchase that will cost ya EXTRA!!!! I will gladly take up residency on that just island you speak of with those that back individuals who spend their hard earned money for items that are supposed to function. I believe the island your residing will be an extremely angry one...Plus it has CHUPY THINGS living on it!!!!

You have already been informed as to how to rectify the situation by the seller. The manufacturer states that any warranty work is to be done through them and not the retailer. The retailer has said to contact them if the manufacturer does not satisfy you in this matter even though he is not liable in any way. Did Joseph expressly or imply as to any warranty between himself and you? If I missed that, I owe you an apology. If I didn't, you owe him one for the tantrum and defamation of character. The enormity of the abundantly happy JB customers here at PM makes you a minority of biblical proportions, but millions can be wrong right?

You say I'm being [beeep]? I'm defaming you by pitching a fit? You're right, I am. But how different is it from what you're doing to Joseph right now? He has nothing to do with your woes and has explained so, but you continue to drag him through the mud. You rarely in life get more than what you pay for, and I think you're mad at yourself because it bit you in the bungee this time and someone must pay. By the way, I do own a Mueller and it works fine, it's not my favorite scope but it works ok. Be mad at me if you must, but I'm acting no different than you.

Chupa

Joesph stated in his post that taking care of issues caused more "headaches" for the retailer. I understand that, it's his right to do it anyway he wishes. I don't want to cause anyone a headache and like the PM, I sent him, I will toss the scope in the trash before causing him any headaches. Retailer have three ways to sell things. They sell cheaper, they ship faster and they have good customer service. They don't have anything you can't get somewhere else. Might have to pay a little more, wait a little longer or deal with an ahole but I will NEVER (for you Travis) cause anyone a headache. If you don't agree, fine. Call me names, and pout all you want to, but IT IS WHAT IT IS, SORRY(travis, you know). Don

I guess chupa is still stomping: None the less I would be the ISLANDER that would have rather sent Mr. Armstrong a replacement scope in good working order (which is all he ever really asked for) then have the Joe Bob commercial that is continually playing out in front of 700 plus - thus far but who's counting?? Not the ideal Advertisment...

Chupa, I'm not mad at you. You act like you own Predatormasters. You are totally entitled to your opinion but calling people names sitting behind a computer goes over the top. If you do it to my face we can settle it right there but kind of shi%%y doing it over a public forum. If Joesph wants to run his business anyway he likes, that's his right. I don't have to agree with it. THIS IS THE USA. Sorry, the estrogen got up a little there.
Sitting her lisening to a song from Five Finger Death Punch. Just seems to fit this thread.

Do I care if you hate me.
Do you want to know the truth.
C'est la ve
Adious
Good ridance, - - - - you!

Last edited:
Tell ya what. I'll admit to being an [beeep] and apologize to you and mean it, if you'll admit that anything short of "my way or the highway" was going to be poor service in your eyes.

Chupa

It may behoove folks to directly inquire the Owner/Manager of the retail outlet via private means before publicly chastising them. Especially when it is a well respected retailer that has had scores of positive feedback through the years. And, if you choose to make a 'call out' post (or two in this case) be prepared to get some backlash.

I feel the Joseph handled this as he should. There is no implication of warranty from the retailer. There is also a standing agreement from the manufacturer as stated previously.

I realize there are some pains on both ends of deals like these. But I feel that there has been a genuine apology on both sides, and that should be appreciated. We are all free to use or not use any vendors as we see fit, but I feel the off-the-cuff slander is juvenile and unnecessary.

Of course, all above is simply my opinion, nothing more. Take it how you wish. I feel I have be rather lucky. I have seen reports of poor customer service from many retailers, but have yet to experience such.

Getting a little hot in here.

I can see both sides of the coin .If it needs to go to the manufacture so be it. However, if I got anything from anyone and it was screwed up from the get go, I'd think the retailer would be first to fix it.

Times are changeing I guess....

Anyhow, thanks to all that sponser PM.
thumbup1.gif

While good customer service is still tying its shoes poor customer service has circled the world multiple times... As with Mr Armstrongs initial post he was a happy customer of JB's and posted as much.. That transaction took a turn and could have had a better outcome for both parties if the scope would have been simply replaced..
We as customers allow stores such as JB to continue to practice in this manner if we simply follow the rules they set forth ie " not my fault deal with the manufacturer"! " Don't want the headache" I call BS on that.. If its a good enough product for you to sell-then it's a good enough product for you to replace .. This isn't being followed today for the simple fact that we have individuals like chupy and his so called "we" army that just didn't seem to identify with the fact that they were giving their rights away as a purchaser of goods. Don't tell me that if you were in the same situation as Mr Armstrong that you would rather have a INDIRECT replacement. Stores have gotten away from this practice because the "We" that has been talked about so fondly has allowed these practices to evolve by not getting out behind the computer long enough to deal with real issues.. No wonder were dealing with the Wonderland mentality..More like Wondering what is happining!

I work in retail and we warranty nothing. According to company policy all warranty work goes through the manufacturer. Ofcourse that's not the way it always works because half of the people piss and moan and scream until they get their way because its easier and less of a headache to appease the tantruming child. 1950's are no more, like it or not, right or wrong.

Chupa

Chupa, I thought you might deal with the public. Your way with people would make me want to spend, as much as I could, where you work. Those dumb a## customers don't know nothing. It's all about giving the retailer your money and shutting the f##
$% up. Don't wine about bad service or the broken item. Send it back to the manuf. and leave me alone, I have to sell some more stuff, what a joke.Don

Got a couple questions for all,

Is there a diff between warranty work and defective goods ?
If so ,is there a time line that separates one from the other.

I worked retail for 6 years , I have my ways. What you say ?

And you're the customer that treats me as if I'm the person who writes policy for the company when you don't get your way. I've already admitted to being a dick, but it's customers like you that made me this way, and in record time as well. You're the guy that cusses me out when you can't find any .22 "shells", like I order the stuff. You're the customer that comes in asks "how far is that 3-9x scope good to?" I dare you to answer that question the way it is asked without sounding condescending. Do I have a problem with customers? Yup. If I hear "9mm will just piss somebody off" one more time, I'll open a [beeep] vein. If you want to run me down, that's fine, I can take it because I could care less. But to run down an excellent vendor and person like Joseph is wrong when he's already told you how to remedy the situation. Send it to Joseph, send it to the manufacturer, either way you are sending it out, not driving it down the street to a brick and mortar store. But I want to send it back to the vendor because then it will be handled MY WAY, and I'll get to scream and have my will imposed... Hear me roar!

Chupa

La Chupa!!! I always new from the very beginning you were a "re trail er"!! Thus a part of the problem NOT the solution!! As your posts so eloquently boast !! Best Buy per haps?? Slinging "the right" for a price to directly return a malfunctioning defunct item that you advertised and sold as NEW??? Only when your able to make money on returns will you allow returns.. Strong Work!!! You've done your common man a great service!!! You defiantly have gulped down the kool aide your store owner has served ya!! Sorry I'm not thirsty!!

Back