First Blood

Yellowhammer

Staff member
First blood for the my new Bergara B-14 Wildnerness Ridge in 300 win mag. Shooting some 200 grain elx loads that Venatic loaded for me.

It has been in the upper 90s this week and HUMID! I went last Saturday morning to see if I could get a kill with it, but they didn't show after the feeder went off and I didn't give that long a wait due to the heat.

Yesterday I decided to try again. This time they showed up about 10 minutes after the feeder went off. I dropped the black sow first and to my surprise the others didn't run off. I tried to line up 2 for a 1 shot double kill, but only got the one (quartering away shot). I went and got the truck and drove down to load them to haul off. I got my Taurus TX 22 pistol as I susspected the piglets may have come back and they had. I was able to get into at least one of them but it drug itself off.

Neither of these knew what hit them and never untracked. I must say that the muzzle break on this thing make the recoil really unnoticeable.

52981355332_66fd205d79_c_d.jpg

Nice way to break in a new rifle. Hope your weather was cooler than ours. Heat index 116 yesterday in south TX!

Regards,
hm

Back