Finally knocking a few down!

I sure hope so. I need a day just to myself with no set schedule. If it will all work out I will head over to Childress and call a whole bunch of country that hasn't been called in a year or so. Good country that is full of coyotes. We will see though. That is still several days away.

That is freakin crazy that your pistol has now been fired at police.. To bad the police did not put him down.. Anyone stupid enough to shoot at police has very little hope for rehabilitation.. Danger to society..

We got high winds all week over here..

Here is the guy that was caught with the pistol. If you read all those charges you will notice a fair number of them say bonded. Those were all charges from last spring, that he was out on bond for. The ones that don't say bonded are the ones he got tacked on the night they caught him with my pistol. He had actually missed his court date the day they caught him. He was supposed to be there that morning and he didn't show. That night he gets the police called on him for choking out his GF and gets a new set of charges. And yes, he had two separate charges of felon with a firearm. One from this time and one from last spring.

He is a real pillar of society, for sure.

http://policebookingreports.com/2016/02/18/oscar-lee-mills/

A real winner, there, Jeff. Hope justice is swift this time and you get your pistol back soon. Surely, the fact that he shot at the police will prevent plea bargaining away the firearms charges!

Regards,
hm

Congrats -on all fronts
Good luck on Friday -
take the time-at first light to give - thankx-for what is about to b taken- then sound off !!
regards-

Dang good read and pics, congrats most of all to the time spent with your son, memories to last forever. I would gladly give everything I own for just one more day afield with my Dad.

What a piece of fecal matter.. Strangles women, traffics drugs and points stolen firearms at people.. What is even more effed' up is that semi-sane productive members of society believe "common sense" gun laws will fix this type of BS. And those semi-sane bastards still have the right to vote.. It is an un-disputable fact that my kids are a little safer with this thug behind bars..

Hopefully some public defender does not find any loop holes in the case.. Venture to say he does not even have enough class to appreciate your fine cerakote job
tongue_smilie.gif

Originally Posted By: weekenderDang good read and pics, congrats most of all to the time spent with your son, memories to last forever. I would gladly give everything I own for just one more day afield with my Dad.

I have called coyotes off and on for 25 years. A whole bunch of that was with my father, before he passed away. Unfortunately as it often happens in life, in those later years it always seemed I was too busy to go with him. My boys were in high school playing sports, all kinds of things like that. My father passed away in July of 2013, and that fall my youngest son's football team won a state championship. That was his senior year of high school. Once he graduated, all of a sudden I had a whole lot more time again.

That is when I really got back into calling. Dad logged every coyote he ever killed in a couple of journals. I hunt many of those same places he did. Every now and then I read his logbook, trying to reconstruct exactly where some of his stands were, and that kind of thing. The ranchers tell me where they used to see him parked, and that gives me clues as well.

What I would give for one good weekend of calling with him now, running his old stomping grounds. Hitting his stands, using his methods, just watching and learning. Most importantly just talking and being there with him.

Probably it will be the same with my boys someday. Life is busy, and I understand. We don't get to hunt together near as much as we would like to. But I do have a map of the county up in my office, and every time I kill a coyote I stick a pin in it. They aren't exact locations, but pretty close. It isn't a big deal or anything, just something I do because it interests me. And maybe, someday, it might mean something to someone. Or not. In which case they can throw it away.

Quote:Dad logged every coyote he ever killed in a couple of journals. I hunt many of those same places he did. Every now and then I read his logbook, trying to reconstruct exactly where some of his stands were, and that kind of thing. The ranchers tell me where they used to see him parked, and that gives me clues as well.

Priceless! My dad passed in 1992. He was an avid fisherman and I still treasure his log book of all his fishing trips.

Quote:What I would give for one good weekend of calling with him now, running his old stomping grounds. Hitting his stands, using his methods, just watching and learning. Most importantly just talking and being there with him.

We all look back on things we wish we had done and that one is foremost in my mind. Oh, that we could turn back the clock.

Regards,
hm

I know. I was looking forward to the next few years, thinking that life was going to slow down after my sons senior year, and we would have a lot more time to do things like that again. But that is just not the way life works sometimes.

I know it was all in God's plan though, so it is OK. His ways are not our ways. We usually don't understand God's ways until later (or sometimes never), but we need to accept them. My father taught me that, plus many, many other things to do with God and faith. Which is way more important information than just where or how to kill a coyote.

Back