Finally found Varget

Polock

Finally found the stuff. $60 a pound or get a big break get 8# for $390! Gonna be a while before I can afford that so looked at commercial ammo, first time in more years I can remember. 260 Rem at $45 a box of 20. How in the world I'm gonna shoot much is beyond me right now. Price ever comes down I'm going into the hording troops and stock up. This must be the back door to taking away our guns, simply make ammo and reloading ammo to expensive for most of us to buy. We got our guns just no ammo for them! Ya know my fishing reels didn't go up near what gun powder and primers and bullets have, wonder why?

Yes, 2030 is rapidly approaching. A Biden (any democrats) reelection would allow the Great Reset to be finalized, all your Constitutional Rights will be GONE.

Finally found the stuff. $60 a pound or get a big break get 8# for $390! Gonna be a while before I can afford that so looked at commercial ammo, first time in more years I can remember. 260 Rem at $45 a box of 20. How in the world I'm gonna shoot much is beyond me right now. Price ever comes down I'm going into the hording troops and stock up. This must be the back door to taking away our guns, simply make ammo and reloading ammo to expensive for most of us to buy. We got our guns just no ammo for them! Ya know my fishing reels didn't go up near what gun powder and primers and bullets have, wonder why?
That's why I recently bought my first 223. It's going to be less than half the price to shoot. I'll still use my 22-250's, 22 Creeds, 6.5 SS, etc for coyotes on up. But for just getting in practice it's hard to beat a 223 for cost to shoot and barrel life.

Pay to play these days 🤣

$390 is cheap as you're going to get for 8# in the foreseeable future. Where did you find it? I need a keg, or two for my new 223 trainer...

Can also get in the long range 22 game. Brick of match ammo is $80-100. No reloading or components. My 22 and 223 see 10x the shooting of my 6mm and 7mms for those exact reasons. Be smart about it!

Varget has been pretty steadily available the last few years. Powder Valley usually has it, if not, wait a few days. They currently have jugs for $390, so does Midsouth. Sign up for ShootingBot, I've been able to find everything I need since covid. It sends you real time email alerts for in stock items and they're yours if you're quicker than the next guy. I tried my hand at hoarding and flipping powder during the peak shortages, but stopped because of all the flakey local buyers wasting my time. "Local" stores here don't stock shit and I'm convinced the employees skim the good powders & primers before anything reaches the shelf. What's on the shelf (behind the counter) has no price tag so you have to wait in long lines to ask the price and ask if they have any XYZ in the back. Cheaper/eadier to buy online.
Screenshot_20240229_125138_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Varget has been pretty steadily available the last few years. Powder Valley usually has it, if not, wait a few days. They currently have jugs for $390, so does Midsouth. Sign up for ShootingBot, I've been able to find everything I need since covid. It sends you real time email alerts for in stock items and they're yours if you're quicker than the next guy. I tried my hand at hoarding and flipping powder during the peak shortages, but stopped because of all the flakey local buyers wasting my time. "Local" stores here don't stock shit and I'm convinced the employees skim the good powders & primers before anything reaches the shelf. What's on the shelf (behind the counter) has no price tag so you have to wait in long lines to ask the price and ask if they have any XYZ in the back. Cheaper/eadier to buy online.
View attachment 6439

Thank you!

Varget is about the only powder I’ve never seen run out at my LGS even pre pandemic. They always have been proud of it at $50 a pound. Cabelas has even had it in stock for the last half a year by me. With their club coupon Mondays through last December I bought a few jugs for $44.

I'm always amazed that people don't know about Shooting Bot!!

Varget, 4350 and H1000 have actually weathered the shortage the best, thank goodness that's mostly what I run!

When the stupidity started I bought 748.....works in 223, 308, 30-30 and 30-06. There are better powders out there but having one that will cover everything from varmints to deer is handy.

please consider - even though $390 seems expensive... at a 38 grain charge, thats roughly 1470 loads per keg. even if we round down to 1450 per 8lb... that works out to $0.27/round worth of powder.

so lets assume some ugly numbers - assuming you have reloadable brass
$0.10 primer
$0.30 powder
$0.50 bullet

total = $0.90 per round.

vs your $2.25/round factory ammo cost.

your saving around 60% per squeeze or 1.35 vs vactory ammo.

and again thats assuming you cant get primers for less than $100/1k and you're shooting a 0.50 projectile. 140 gr sst's are only $0.43

so even if you had to buy new brass - starline .260 brass is $0.67 if you buy by the 250, $0.63 if you buy by the 500.

so even if you have to buy *new* brass to get the ball rolling... you're still coming in @ $1.57/rd - still $0.68/rd cheaper than factory. and thats calculating the full brass cost into a single loading, not averaging out 5 or more reloads per. if you average that down you're at 13.4c or a per round cost of $1.04 vs $2.25 factory - still over 50% savings

hth

please consider - even though $390 seems expensive... at a 38 grain charge, thats roughly 1470 loads per keg. even if we round down to 1450 per 8lb... that works out to $0.27/round worth of powder.

so lets assume some ugly numbers - assuming you have reloadable brass
$0.10 primer
$0.30 powder
$0.50 bullet

total = $0.90 per round.

vs your $2.25/round factory ammo cost.

your saving around 60% per squeeze or 1.35 vs vactory ammo.

and again thats assuming you cant get primers for less than $100/1k and you're shooting a 0.50 projectile. 140 gr sst's are only $0.43

so even if you had to buy new brass - starline .260 brass is $0.67 if you buy by the 250, $0.63 if you buy by the 500.

so even if you have to buy *new* brass to get the ball rolling... you're still coming in @ $1.57/rd - still $0.68/rd cheaper than factory. and thats calculating the full brass cost into a single loading, not averaging out 5 or more reloads per. if you average that down you're at 13.4c or a per round cost of $1.04 vs $2.25 factory - still over 50% savings

hth

Exactly! It's still 60% cheaper to reload these days than buying factory ammo...I don't know about you, but that's still a substantial cost savings, especially for better ammo that's tailored to your rifle at that.

I've been reloading since about 1966. Started out trying to save money but never saved a dime. Problem being you reload and you shoot more. And with lot of people new tool comes out and you got to have it. I gave up on the saving money story long ago. I have components in the reload room, I'm shooting. Problem is these days I live on a social security check!

Back