FINALLY CALLED AND KILLED MY FIRST COYOTE!!!!

hunter97

Well on Saturday Jan 21st, My Dad and I entered a Calling contest that was held locally. At 11:30 in the Morning we were making our 4th satnd........Dad and I set up over looking a bottum field with a wind that wasnt pefect (at our backs) but it worked out ok...I started hand calling for about 2 minutes and look up to see a coyote going left to right trying to get downwind
grin.gif
so I turn on the spitfire and get on him..... WOLF! BOOM!....Dog down!!!
thumbup1.gif
This is the first coyote I have called with a hand call and also the first that I have killed...I have missed a few but we dont need to go there
blush.gif
Im 5-10 for refrence.

forsale198.jpg

Last edited:
I call that a perfect wind, wind at my back means a coyote getting my wind is straight in front of me, which = a swift death.

If it was anything like my first coyote, I bet you felt almost as if you were watching a movie as you pulled the trigger. I still get that feeling when I have one in the scope.

Good work man, i am still working on my first one. About 20 stands into it. Have had alot of replies but nothing come close enough to get a shot off. Maybe soon I will have a similar post up here!!

That's awesome! I was 14 when I killed my first coyote, as well. I've been hooked (well...actually ADDICTED) ever since.

Way to go young man!

Tony

Back