Fifth HOB Auction for Jenny Middleton

Nikonut

Jennifer Middleton HOB Callmaker Auction!!!

Hello to all Members and Guests!

As most of you know Jenny Middleton has been ill and has recently received a liver transplant. She is doing well in part due to all the prayers and the work of the doctors treating her illness. Your support has been instumental in helping her and her family during this time of need.

I'm proud to announce our PredatorMasters HOB's have stepped up and donated many "Special" calls for auction to help this young lady!(Jen just turned 22 while in the hospital) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Here is how I would like these auctions to work...

We will be running several auctions back to back until we run out of calls(there are many!!!). I will be placing 3 calls up at a time and each of these will run for 4days from their start.

There will be an additional "Gift Voucher" drawing worth $75+$25=$100! donated by "Blackdog Calls". Every dollar bid on a call will get one chance added to the pot in the bidder's name.
After the auctions are all over a winner will be drawn from all eligible entries! The drawing winner can use this $100 Certified Check to buy more calls, hunting supplies, or anything else they so choose! (Moderators decision will be final!)

The winning bidders will be contacted personally by the callmaker and arrangements made to ship the call directly to that individual bidder.

Payments for these calls and any additional donations can be made directly to this account in Jenny's name:

Jeniffer Middleton Benefit Account
WYHY Federal Credit Union
1521 Centennial Court
PO Box 3374
Casper, WY 82609

Payments can also be made directly thru Paypal using this account:

JennyMiddletonDonations@blackdogcalls.com

Please, let's keep the bids simple and in whole dollar amounts as in, " #15... $25, #16...$30". Limit comments and questions.

Questions can be PM'd directly to me... Nikonut!

A Special Thanks to all the HOB Call builders at PredatorMasters for their donations!

Please continue to say those prayers for Jenny and her family! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
(all calls are being posted in the order they were submitted, not in any other preferential manner)

This set of auctions will end at... "The stroke of Midnight", four full days from now. That's 7-12-09, at 12MIDNIGHT. We'll use the default PM server time which is EST.

Call Auction #15 By "Bearmanric"

Here's a Bearmanric call that is sure to please the young ladies in our membership! This one is "Pretty in Pink", Remington Gunstock pink wood closed Reed. Nice Double Reed.

Bearmanric1.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call Auction #16 By "Bearmanric"

Here we have another classic call and lanyard that is sure to call in the coyotes! Who's up for some Osage Orange?
Rick says this Osage Orange closed Reed has a raspy sweet sound. I believe him! Rick builds some great sounding calls!

Bearmanric3.jpg

--------------------
RR Calls
bearmanric@aol.com
http://www.rrcalls.com/

--------------------

Call Auction #17 By "Weasel"
Here's what Weasel has to say:
Mine are black and white laminated. The enclosed reed call will be voiced to suit.

--------------------

Weasel1.jpg

Weasel2.jpg

Weasel3.jpg

Weasel4.jpg

"I cannot think that we are useless or God would not have created us. There is one God looking down on us all. We are all the children of one God. The sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say."
Goyathlay ("one who yawns") AKA Geronimo

Call Auction #18 By "BMeyer"

Another great laminated wood and antler call!
Here's what Brian has to say:
It took me forever to get a call made, but the stars finally lined up and I had the time to chip in.

This open reed call is made from stabilized maple with a corian band, and a piece of Casey's elk antler angle cut on the bell. It has an ivory acrylic toneboard designed to sound like one thing only, a rabbit in distress. It stands just 1-3/4" tall from bell to band, but packs a big punch!

BMeyer1.jpg

--------------------
www.turkeyrivercalls.com

Call Auction #19 By "Workman"

Here's what Brian has to say: Here is a Cocobolo closed reed, 3 1/4", straight-bore exhaust, field ready wax finish and will be voiced to suit the winner. Jack or cottontail.

Workman1.jpg

Workman2.jpg

Our prayers and continued best wishes go out to Jennifer and her family, as she recovers.

--------------------
Brian Workman
Workman Predator Calls
workmanpredatorcalls@gmail.com
Made with Pride in the U.S.A.

Call Auction #20 By "WillowCreek"

Look at this awesome laminate! WOW!
Here's what Davis has to say: One more for the auction Tom
a little Black wood & Holly

Davis

--------------------

Willowcreek1.jpg

Willowcreek2.jpg

Willowcreek3.jpg

Willowcreek4.jpg

Willowcreek5.jpg

KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY AND MAKE YOUR FIRST SHOT COUNT !!!!!
DogHog Custom Calls !

Call Auction #21 By "Kerry Carver"

This is another exceptional call from the Carver workshop! What else needs to be said...

Here's what Kerry has to say: Here is a closed reed call made from blackwood and pink ivory with a delux finish.. I will voice the call to suite..

Carver1.1.jpg

Carver1.2.jpg

Carver1.3.jpg

Carver1.4.jpg

--------------------

Call Auction #22 By "Catwacker"

Look at this fantastic horn call from Jim Spray!

Here's what Jim has to say: Cow horn open reed R&R board. High polish and sealed on the inside.

Thanks. Jim
--------------------

Catwacker1.1.jpg

Catwacker1.2.jpg

--------------------

MAKE it a good day!!!! It's your day.

Member of the Stone Coyote call test team!! .

ALL CALLS HAND MADE IN HOPKINS MICHIGAN. IN THE U.S.A.

Call Auction #23 By "Nikonut"

Here's what Nikonut has to say:
Here is a "Special Call" that "Ole' Frshwater George" will want for his collection... guaranteed to sound bad and look even worse!
This one isn't for bid unless "Frshwtr" wants to give it up! LOL

--------------------

Nikonut1.jpg

Nikonut2.jpg

Nikonut3.jpg

Nikonut4.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

--------------------
Blackdog Calls

Take a kid hunting!

--------------------

Guys, "Special" Call #23 was originally posted to harass ole' "Frshwtr George"! Seems his heart was in the right place and he put it up for bid! Thank You George!

Now here is the real deal... This is call(set) #23!!!!

Auction #23

"Special Blackdog Call set" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

It includes a hand polished(waxed not clearcoat)buffalo horn howler with claro walnut tip, powered by a Yellerdog "Thunderdog" toneboard, a buffalo horn and claro walnut enclosed distress and a mini claro walnut and horn coaxer.

Also included is a custom lanyard donated by Daniel Harmon,"Mrtheman". It is a 4drop lanyard and has not been finish tied so the loops can be custom fit to you!

Nikonut1.1.jpg

The metal bands are silver plated copper(not sterling,sorry!).

Thanks for bidding! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

This set of auctions will end at... "The stroke of Midnight", four full days from now. That's 7-14-09, at 12MIDNIGHT. We'll use the default PM server time which is EST.

Thanks, bid high and bid often and bid early!!!

Nik /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif nut

Auction #24

"Mystery Call" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Well, actually the mystery call is a set!

It includes a buffalo horn howler powered by a Yellerdog "Thunderdog" toneboard, a dymondwood open reed with Bearmanric's 1/2" toneboard, and a dymondwood enclosed reed with a blackwood mouthpiece voiced raspy and nasty!

Also included is a custom lanyard donated by Daniel Harmon,"Mrtheman". It is a 4drop lanyard and has not been finish tied so the loops can be custom fit to you!

Nikonut1.2.jpg

The metal bands are silver plated copper(not sterling,sorry!).

Thanks for bidding! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

ok, 4 full days from now for me would make it the 12th of july (hey thats my special day tell you about it when its over; that day anyhow) not 6/29/09 (pass the Jack of hide it). yes good ole freshwtr George wants that call, its short ugly and one of a kind, somewhat like a person i been dealing with.
now as to bidding. i'll start the bidding on #15,#16,#17,#19,#24 at $20 each.
#18,#20,#22 at $25 each
#21 at $40

boy am i glad i start work early this monrning.

That's a darn good start George!

I guess I did miss that ending date. It's corrected now! There might even be another call show up besides that #24... "Mystery Call"

hey i have to help an old guy out now and then, pretty soon i'll be old enough for partial s.s. (in just 4 days i'll be doing the 62 thing). uhhhh question though; all the calls but the mystery call tell us who made them, do we guess at this, is that part of the mystery or are you going to tell us? i guess its a start what i did; wait until the rest of the boys wake up and get started, i probaly wont be high bidder on any of them by midnight today, hey all the more for Jenny come on boys getter done.

Here we go again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
#18-$50
#21-$50
#22-$30
#24-$30???????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifHello George /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's about time we see a Blackdog Call /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
I LIKE IT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gifThat's right up George's alley /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
Hey Tom, auction #23 is not quite what I was expecting to see! Wow...it just kind of leaves me a little speechless. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

guess i was being selfish with #23, hey all these auctions are about Jenny, right. well as much as the thought behind this call (#23) in all thats right i cant accept it as such. so lets put it on the auction and see where it goes. oh yeah if you expect me to just sit and watch it go by you only got 51 cards in your deck. lets start the bid on #23 at $30. if you want it you got to bid, guess what nobody but me knows how much i want it, lets go boys its going up for the money. i might not be a call maker but this is my call for Jenny (well it could have been mine.).

gee i cnat think of a better person to share a birthday with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif, only 52 and here i thought you were old folk, guess its the company you keep.

Quote:
gee i cnat think of a better person to share a birthday with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif, only 52 and here i thought you were old folk, guess its the company you keep.

My kids think I am older than dirt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I know this is for biddin only but I love the way frshwtr just sets the pace for all these auctions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif I mean with all do respect the "lesser" call right now is bein faught over cuz frshwtr wants it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I bet that just burns his hide. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I also bet everyone else loves to watch it. Ya'll boys are great and I can't help but love to watch this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif My wife just loves to see me on this so she can say " hi my name is ryan and I have a problem". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Sometimes I can't argue with her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

All I've got to say is Thanks Guys!

Call #23 really looks worse in person than it does in the pictures!

You guys probably thought I'd forgotten how to turn a call! Well... I think you might have been right but it slowly came back to me, like riding a bike!
P.S. #23 can be voiced about anyway you want, just don't expect it to sound like a predator call!

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quote:
just don't expect it to sound like a predator call!

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Somehow I doubt that could be true! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

$50 on call #20.

Back