Feral Cat Update

The first house my wife and I bought, had 4 cats "Left" by the former owner...they all must have been ready to drop litters, because by the end of that summer, we had more than 15 cats running around...no airconditioning in the house, and the smell of cat pee kept the windows shut...so I got a live trap, and began catching them and others....I took them to the hills and released them and then shot them...fun times....then the neighbors went to my boss the Sheriff and tried to have me fired...they wanted my badge, and to have me charged...so I got rid of the trap......NOT......I just slowed down my trapping to once a week as opposed to every night...that fall I trapped and killed 27 cats...

Moral: Don't leave "Fluffy" ouside to wander the neighborhood if you live near me!

PS kept my job...seems there is no law against protecting your home and property from wandering "Pets"

The neighbors wern't throwing me any parades...but the smell went away for the most part that winter, and by the spring we could open the windows without gagging...the rabbits came back, and we had a frog or two in the garden...I sold the live trap to a neighbor who didn't mind me getting rid of the kitties...he is still using it some 6 years later.

Back