Favorite Broadhead?

Rage chisel tips have worked good for me. I have shot 14 deer with them so far and have watched 13 fall dead. Never lost one yet with Rage, knock on wood.

Seems like I've tried hundreds of broad heads. Most work well on game. Quite a few fly well. Some bows shoot 1 better than the other. It seem that I always come back to the good old Thunderheads.

luv me some old Bear broadheads,,,Cut on impact heads that cost $10 for 3 a few years ago.Nowadays its ridiculous the price of most broad heads.

Still using G5 "Montecs" have since they came out. But, Magnus is one of the broadhead lines I carry in the shop and the new "Black Hornet" has got me thinking!

Have used Grim Reapers, Schwackers and now the Rage Hypodermic, all in 100 grain. I have killed 20 Elk with those three heads over the years, 17 of which were bulls. I do believe one or two of the earliest ones might have fallen to a Spitfire now that I think about it. Point is, all the above have done the job for me at one time or another.

Oh and a record book (P&Y) bull Moose with a Grim Reaper.

Slicktrick Magnums but in reality just about any broadhead these days will do the job whether it is a rage (never been a fan lol) or a 4 bladed muzzy or Slicktrick. As long as we as hunters do our part and stick them in the boiler room and take ethical shots on game. No granted a fixed blade will out penetrate a a mechanical but mechanical have been used for years with great success so pick what you can afford, make sure that are sharp and spinning straight. Of course do your part and you are golden.

Last edited:
Seems like I always come back to Thunderheads. The last 2 deer I used Slick Tricks and had a combined tracking distance of 70 yards. They both shoot well It seems the 4 blade droips them faster

I personally like the Spitfire Edge. They are a mechanical broadhead, but they shoot like a field point and cut like crazy. You don't have to worry about any O-rings or anything to hold the blades. When you hit an animal with one, there is no question where its at.

Magnus, magnus, magnus...gotta keep the local boys in business and the warranty is great. When youshoot a recurve like I try to you need all the help you can get. I like the 4 blade the best in 125 grain.

Back