favorite 223rem powder/bullet combo?

CF&E 223. In my 223 and 204 Ruger. Clean burning and good FPS. Sure does throw nice and accurate in the RCBS powder discharger.

I have used it for 2 years now and it has been a very good powder from 40 gr. bullets to 55 gr. bullets. Fills the case nice also. Rudy

Try 23.0g of Varget with the 50 - 55g bullets. The Nosler 55 FBHP & FBTipped work very well for me in a Ruger & a Savage, different twists and barrel configurations.

Originally Posted By: BleedsBluedon't overlook H4895, it is nearly accurate as Benchmark with a lil more speed also more temp stable

H4895 shoots awesome for me out of my .223 with 53 grain V-max, and I use it for several other calibers as well so its just less other powders to keep on hand

ohihunter,
The Varmageddon from Nosler looks to me to be another V-max with the thinner jacket & flat base compared to the Ballistic Tips slight boat tail solid base bullet. I wouldn't be surprised they shoot into the same hole. I found that to be true in my bolt gun with 53gr SMKs and 53gr Hornady match bullets. Same POI with the same powder charge.

Back