fave wildcat

If I was to build me another rifle I think the .257 Roberts Ackley Improved would be the way I would go. Not a true wildcat because you can fire factory ammo in it, but one of the very best of the Ackley Improved. A buddy of mine started building him one and then quit to concentrate on AR rifles. If I can get him to sell it to me at an acceptable price for us both I will take it off his hands and put it in mine.

Mine is a 6.5-284 Win built on a tang safety Ruger 77 action originally barreled in 284 Win.

I've had it for years - long before the cartridge became the darling of the long range crowd - and it is a gem to shoot. Mine is set up to shoot 130 grain and shorter/lighter bullets for game like deer and antelope.

So far, just like a 243 Win I have, it's never bounced off anything I've shot with it.....
wink.gif

Rustydust:

You'll like the 257 AI if you get one... It's great for light skinned game also. Totally "bounce-proof" from my experience.

-BCB

6 Ai right now, i have a 17 predator that may soon be my fav true wildcat, possibly my 309 JDJ would be up there to Ron

#1 would be the 223AI.
#2 would be the 243AI
And I'm getting ready to screw together a 25-06AI that I have high hopes for.

Still not really sure if the AI's classify as a "true" wildcat cartridge though?

6mm WOA. I had White Oak Armament make the barrel, and I
did the rest. Sweet little round in an AR-15 package.

Squeeze

.22BR, Custom Remington 700 Action, Rebarrelled, restocked,.....come to think of it, it just has Remington written on the receiver...LOL

I worked with a .257 AI for a while and loved it. I now have a .30-30 AI for my Contender (13" pistol barrel). I have really enjoyed this one, so I have to say it's my favorite!

Back