Experts Weigh Officer’s Decisions Leading to Fatal Shooting of Michael Brown

Originally Posted By: HidalgoThen please educate me by telling me how, when, and where a LEO should draw their firearm and take a life. You seem to know that I am wrong, so please set me straight.

I would never be so arrogant and ignorant to tell someone online how they should do that. Just like I would never say take a life without hesitation or remorse.

He's not going to move anywhere close to us.
wink.gif

Be sure and let me know where you settle. I have some old friends that would like to come by and welcome you I am sure.Us Hillbillys (thats spelled with a Capital)are warm folks.And be sure and bring your sister for a visit.We'll treat you right.

Hey buddy thanks for the warm welcome! That's one of the reasons were moving there. Post up your address and phone number and I'll be in touch. And I'll let my sister know what you said. She's not into toofless drunks, so I'm sure you will be perfect for her.

We ain't got no phones here.And addresses quit at the last road.I live so far back in the sticks I have to ride a pregnant mare to get the mail so I'll have something to ride back.We are up to date on other stuff though.We been making gas outa corn for generations.Be sure to send word though,I got a possum up in tha crib and we got sweet taters in the celler.I know your sister will be spectin greens but they got frost bit already.We'll set up the night away pickin and sipping that new gas.I know you said not to ask questions,but,can you sang?

Originally Posted By: kyotekiller25
Cops are way out of line these days. Need to be held accountable for there [beeep] decisions like everyone else. Badges dont grant extra rights. And if we behaved like our police/govt, wed be arrested and thrown in prison with the death penalty. Just saying, it's not a race thing, its an accountability thing. How many non lethal ways are there to subdue someone, more then one, two, three even? Guessing thats never a thought these days right, since everything is always "justified" after there own corrupt department does the in investigating and figure how to cover there [beeep]. Remember this, we have the most corrupt govt in the world, dont believe a dam thing they say or do, they're the real criminals. What a bunch of BS.

Originally Posted By: HidalgoYou must like white-haired gorillas Eugene ... since you seem to be following me around and challenging or commenting on every post I make.

Are you a lady gorilla?
tt1.gif

I like lady gorillas!
tt1.gif
wub.gif

Can you send me a picture of you?
drool.gif

tt1.gif
tt1.gif
tt1.gif

I love white haired gorillas! Here is my picture;

Call me
wub.gif

I'm a sucker for flowers, candy and bananas...

XoxoX

You like bananas too? Holy ****. We can eat bananas and then smoke the peelings until we get high and then ....... Well, you know.
w00t.gif

Hey! I got a "theoretical" question for you:

Let's say a guy joins a predator hunting forum and 70% of his first 27 posts have absolutely nothing to do with hunting, and the other 30% have no actual input or information about the topic of the thread. What would be your opinion of that if it just happened to occur some day? Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Originally Posted By: HidalgoYou like bananas too? Holy ****. We can eat bananas and then smoke the peelings until we get high and then ....... Well, you know.
w00t.gif

Hey! I got a "theoretical" question for you:

Let's say a guy joins a predator hunting forum and 70% of his first 27 posts have absolutely nothing to do with hunting, and the other 30% have no actual input or information about the topic of the thread. What would be your opinion of that if it just happened to occur some day? Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Being rather new myself I would suggest the newer member tread lightly in any new waters... Especially when using any names like "hillbilly, redneck or mountain man" with slanderous tone... While many of us hunters come from the backwoods and do things backass half ward and embrace such titles as "redneck" or "hillbilly"... We are capable of banding together and lashing out at any outside entity that would throw such phrases with ill intent... However even a simple Okie like myself finds common ground from members all over this Country of ours on here... I would suggest they try and find that common ground and make an attempt to refrain from any type of slander directed towards any other member...

Especially a Gorilla with white hair... You never know what they are capable of
w00t.gif

Kyotekiller25,,,I think this is a quote from your post on page 2
Quote:Cops are way out of line these days. Need to be held accountable for there [beeep] decisions like everyone else. Badges dont grant extra rights. And if we behaved like our police/govt, wed be arrested and thrown in prison with the death penalty. Just saying, it's not a race thing, its an accountability thing. How many non lethal ways are there to subdue someone, more then one, two, three even? Guessing thats never a thought these days right, since everything is always "justified" after there own corrupt department does the in investigating and figure how to cover there [beeep].
Remember this, we have the most corrupt govt in the world, dont believe a dam thing they say or do, they're the real criminals. What a bunch of BS.Let's take a look at a couple of points that you tried to make..

1) If you, as a private citizen, make a bad decision, to whom are you accountable?,,The other party involved, possibly the law (either civil or criminal).
If an officer makes a bad decision, he is investigated by his/her agency, the prosecutor, the other parties attorney, possibly the FBI, and usually tried in the media before any of the formal investigations are completed..
2) Badges, DO give 'extra' rights...An officer has the right to use reasonable extra speed to arrive at the emergency incident. It allows the detention/arrest of a wrong doer based on Probable Cause, whereas the private citizen must be present during the offense.
3) An officer is authorized to use that amount of force necessary to control a situation, including deadly force to prevent immediate harm to himself or others.

You make a comment about 'their own corrupt department' and I have to ask...Which agency, when, involving what, and if you don't have specific facts, then you are a wanna be trouble maker, if you do have facts, then what specifically did you do about them?? If you did nothing, then you are part of the problem...

I always felt like a private citizen has rights that cops don't have.A citizen can come and go as he pleases without much notice.A cop is scrutinized everywhere he goes.A citizen can decide to get involved or just walk away,a cop can't hardly do that.A citizen can have a beer any time of day,anywhere almost,a cop had better not.A citizen can do most any legal thing any time,even using poor judgement,a cop better not.Years ago I found law enforcement to confining for my liking.Sure cops have permission from society to to do some things that are not permitted to the citizen,like going through a red light,but,they are still held responsible if their action causes a wreck I believe. I know as an ambulance driver or crash truck driver I could pass through a red light for example,but if I caused a wreck it would be on me.The responsibility of some jobs is tremendous.I had a friend who used to say he wished he had been a weather man,a job where you could be wrong most of the time and still keep the job.

Being rather new myself I would suggest the newer member tread lightly in any new waters... Especially when using any names like "hillbilly, redneck or mountain man" with slanderous tone... While many of us hunters come from the backwoods and do things backass half ward and embrace such titles as "redneck" or "hillbilly"... We are capable of banding together and lashing out at any outside entity that would throw such phrases with ill intent... However even a simple Okie like myself finds common ground from members all over this Country of ours on here... I would suggest they try and find that common ground and make an attempt to refrain from any type of slander directed towards any other member...

Especially a Gorilla with white hair... You never know what they are capable of
w00t.gif
[/quote]

Yup! what he said! lol
Many don't understand that we wear the "Redneck" badge with pride.. We'll call one another that and think nothing of it, but if I don't know you, and you say it in a condescending tone you might chase your teeth across the dance floor.

Where do these pot stirrers come from?? Anyone been kicked out of here lately and mad?

Originally Posted By: tnshootistI always felt like a private citizen has rights that cops don't have.A citizen can come and go as he pleases without much notice.A cop is scrutinized everywhere he goes.A citizen can decide to get involved or just walk away,a cop can't hardly do that.A citizen can have a beer any time of day,anywhere almost,a cop had better not.A citizen can do most any legal thing any time,even using poor judgement,a cop better not.Years ago I found law enforcement to confining for my liking.Sure cops have permission from society to to do some things that are not permitted to the citizen,like going through a red light,but,they are still held responsible if their action causes a wreck I believe. I know as an ambulance driver or crash truck driver I could pass through a red light for example,but if I caused a wreck it would be on me.The responsibility of some jobs is tremendous.I had a friend who used to say he wished he had been a weather man,a job where you could be wrong most of the time and still keep the job.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: doa
Where do these pot stirrers come from?? Anyone been kicked out of here lately and mad?

I must be the one that made "them" mad since I seem to be getting the most attention.
lol.gif
rolleyes.gif

It's all in good fun though, right?

A normal person does have more flexibility that LE. I'm using the word normal because LE isn't, I know I was one
laugh.gif
But I got better and am only slightly abnormal now.

When things go bad for a person they're judged on the "reasonable man" standard. That being what would a reasonable person conclude given the same situation. There is a lot of latitude in that. LE is judged by the "reasonable officer" standard, that being what would a similarly trained, equipped officer do in that situation. There is little latitude in that. A normal person that feels threatened can do what a normal scared person would do. An LEO can't, he can't be scared and react, he has to act upon training. A normal person can pull the trigger 10x sooner than an LEO can at the extreme.

The argument I see all the time is it's not a dangerous job and it's a flawed argument. And the example so often used is crab fisherman who get hurt all the time. It's a poor example. You put a person on a moving boat, with gear moving around, they haven't slept for a month and are drunk and on drugs (generalizing there) people are going to get hurt. Same with logging, oil riggers etc, you're going to lose finger for the same reasons. LE spends a lot of time training to not be hurt. They're expected to also be sober and rested to the point they can function. They are also dealing with people and not pieces of unthinking equipment being whipped around randomly.

It's not an apples to apples comparison. If a crab snuck up behind a fisherman randomly and tried to stab them in the neck, because they hate crab fishers, it would become a little more even of an argument. If the owner of the boat, who the fisher was trying to help, decided to try and kill the fisher because he didn't agree with his decision, it would be a little more even. [beeep] even if he just walked up every now and then and tried to punch him in the face.

Back