every day boots?

the noobie

I need a new pair of shoes i usually buy and wear skate shoes because they used to be cheap and comfortable but now they have become WAY overpriced and stupid looking so im going to go back to wearing boots.

What is a good pair of boots for everyday wear to school and to town what would you recomend? $150 max price. Im not a big fan of the cowboy boot style but im open to sugestions.

I have a pair of Danner Instigator GTX hiking boots that I wear everywhere. Super Comfy. I also wear Danner TFX hot weathers in uniform. They are pricey and will definitly tap out your budget, but you are getting what you pay for here for sure. Danners or not if you want to skip the hiking boot you'd be surprised how 'stylish' desert tan military boots are with jeans. These two boots are on my feet 99% of the time I'm out of the house.

Last edited:

My dad has worn and is still wearing a pair of red wings he got 8 or 9 years ago (he has since then just had them resoled) and they are still going strong and he is pushing that i get a pair but #1 they are made in CHINA and #2 they are expensive to be "made in china"

This is the boot i meant i was leaning for. my parents said they would go half and half with me so this is what i was looking at.

WOOps i meant this boot

Last edited:
Those boots look like a solid platform. I have some like them and several pairs in other styles. All of them are over four years old and up to ten. I am religious about giving them a Nikwax waterproof system treatment. It protects them while keeping them looking new. Danner used to sell it under their own label.

thumbup.gif
Ropers are pretty good,easy to get on, and shines up good for Sunday!
thumbup.gif

Good hunting!
thumbup.gif

I've gotten good mileage out of the Justin pull-ons. The price is right and they're available in about any color and style of sole you could want.

I wear red wing work boots for every day wear most of the time. The ones I wear, style 606, are not made in china, nor are several other styles they make, look around on their website.

The danner construction looks far superior as well as the vibram sole. Solid boot. The smooth leather is easier to keep up and looks better down the road.
With Danner some styles are built on a different last, and equally there are often several styles built on the same last. So once you find a good fit then you can look for others built on that last.
Not trying to steer you only to Danner but they do offer some good boots. I have both USA and China versions.
Other popular brands are Lowa, Kennetrek, and Miendl. But they may blow the budget unless on sale.
Don't forget that a good pair of socks will makes good boots even better. Generally not cotton but wool even in summer.

I wear Romeo's everywhere comfy and they just slip on my grandpa used to call them pissin slippers. Georgia and Danners versions seem to be the most comfortable. I always get the wides [beeep]. Georgias run around $60 and can get them on sale for around $40 once I a wile Danners are around $80. The tread on the Georgias seem to last a bit longer.

I have worn Redback boots for the last 7 yrs. I have 3 pairs of them and I still wear each pair. They just wont die. I have bought them in a lace up brown, a slip on black and a slip on black steel toe for work now. They are the best and most comfortable boots I have ever worn.

Last edited:
I bought a pair of ALICO hiking boots through Sierra Trading Post. They are a mail-order close-out store for outdoors goods. The boots came highly recommended. They are all leather-thick and stiff, Italian made, with thick resoleable vibram bottoms. They also came in a wide size. Although stiff (lots of ankle support), they have never given me cause for concern nor a blister. I put them on immediately after purchase and have worn them every day - indoors and outdoors. A few months later they lowered the price again and I bought another pair. Love them. Only negative if you currently wear tennis-type boots is that they are HEAVY though not as heavy as a pair of German custom boots that I have.

Back