You're a born writer, Dan.
lol.gif

If that were me in part 1, I could write part 2 quite easily:

Part 2

And then I woke up.
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

tt35--great looking coyotes and thanks for sharing the photos. I would suggest you take hm1996's advise and type your story in a word processing program such as Word and SAVE your story FREQUENTLY while typing!!!! DO NOT LEAVE THE STORY UP ON THE COMPUTER WHEN YOU GO TO BED!!!! The North Korean hackers will get into your computer and delete it if you leave it up on the screen. When you finish typing the story, then do what hm1996 suggested and copy and paste.

Last edited:
I've had this happen too many times to count. I now write everything on the computer, with pictures, then post to the board afterwards. This also comes in handy when you notice the red x where your photos were in the story once they've been on the board for awhile. I've had all the pictures disappear and had to go back to my original on the computer to see which photos were used and add them to the story again. Still don't know why that happens but sometimes it does.

Been there done that! More than once!! I couldn't even tell you how many times. Really sucks when you've just spent 4 hours doing a project in on-line class, and it all disappears. Save to Word file, and save often, works very well. Word also affords you the ability to spell check while composing your draft.

Unfortunately however, in doing web work, that method sometimes carries Word formatting into your HTML document and causes things to wig out. If you run into any problems doing that, drop the document into a notepad, or wordpad file before pasting to the web, and that will remove all formatting. Or, simply do a "Save As" on your file, and select "Plain Text" format from the menu, before pasting to the web.

Was that English you were speaking, Rocky? I did notice the familiar phrase "Save As". I translated that OK.
thumbup1.gif

Silverfox: I should have known the commies were at the root of it. First Sony now No Off Season. They are going after all the HUGE corporations!
lol.gif
lol.gif

LMAO!!! You'll have to excuse me. I pursued a degree in Computer Support, with inclination toward Web Design a few years back, and occasionally it slips out! If you really want me to explain it all I can but...

Simplified... If you save your draft document in Word, without formatting, using the: "Save As" - "Plain Text" option, you're less apt to encounter problems when you paste on-line. You won't see your images in the document, (if inserted), when saved as Plain Text. However, they won't work on the board either if inserted in the Word document. You'll have to install them here.

I hate it when I lose a post write up before it's posted, totally sucks. After a time or two you figure out how easy it is to copy the text as a back up. Lost a write up once and just shut it down and said the [beeep] with it. You made a fine comeback though.

Thanks for all the help, guys. You do all sound a little like my wife but, hey, she's right most of the time too!
blink.gif
thumbup.gif

Back