Eric Frein, suspect in Pennsylvania trooper ambush, arrested without incident

hm1996

Staff member
Quote:Eric Frein, suspect in Pennsylvania trooper ambush, arrested without incident

Published October 30, 2014
·FoxNews.com

DEVELOPING: Eric Frein, the suspect in the deadly ambush of a Pennsylvania state trooper, has been taken into custody after a month-long manhunt, the Pennsylvania State Police announced Thursday night.

A law enforcement source told Fox News U.S. Marshals arrested Frein after obtaining information that he was hiding in an airport hangar near Buck Hill, the same general area where they had been searching for him.

They called him out and he surrendered without incident, the source said.

Frein, 31, allegedly opened fire outside the Blooming Grove state police barracks on Sept. 12, killing Trooper Bryon Dickson, 38, and seriously wounding Trooper Alex Douglass, 31.

Since then he had managed to elude a massive manhunt involving hundreds of state troopers, dozens of vehicles and a helium balloon.

Frein belonged to a military re-enactor's group, playing the part of a Serbian solder. He had a small role in a 2007 movie about a concentration camp survivor and helped with props and historical references on a documentary about World War I.

The FBI named him to its 10 most wanted list.

Frein has been charged with first-degree murder and various other offenses, including two counts of possession of weapons of mass destruction filed after police discovered the pipe bombs.

Earlier this month, Pennsylvania State Police revealed information from a journal found in the woods in which Frein allegedly described shooting the state troopers. They also detailed campsites where Frein was believed to have hidden, cooking over small fires even as heavily armed police hunted him. Police found pipe bomb booby traps and a gun resting against a tree, but had only had a handful of unconfirmed sightings of Frein.

"Got a shot around 11 p.m. and took it," Frein wrote on papers found by police. "He [Dickson] dropped. I was surprised at how quick."

The Associated Press contributed to this report

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/30/eri...n-into-custody/

Regards,
hm

Your right Jump,man was a coward in the worst way,ambushing two officers the way he did,I believe the officer who died instantly was a Marine Corp.Vet..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kymailman98I can't believe he was able to hide out for so long. He must have had some help.

Me too. Helicopters, high tech FLIR equipment. Pretty amazing.

Quote:I can't believe he was able to hide out for so long. He must have had some help......I have to consider a few know pieces of information that was put out about him...
1) He had done a bunch of advanced planning.
2) He was very experienced in the woods and the local area.
3) Building adequate shelter or hiding places, especially if there are caves in the immediate area, is no big feat for anyone that does some research.
4) There was no information released about his prior financial status, but if he had any degree of surplus cash over the planning time, stocking up on non-perishable supplies, without arousing suspicion is not unheard of.
5) Probably one of the key factors is that 'most' LEOs are not woods type hunters and could walk over one of his trails without realizing it..
6) Even though he was from the immediate area, there was not any background information that he was well known or had a cadre of friends that might have helped..
7) All of this took place during the majority of the 'non-hunting' season and he likely had access to some of the 'hunting' cabins in the area that were unused at the time..With hunting season approaching, owner traffic may have restricted some of his travels..

To me he seems like a child in an adults body... I hear say they found his dirty diapers... He was obsessed with dressing up and playing army... Like you all have already said he took cowardly shots at unsuspecting officers...

His pictures look like he took a couple punches to the face... LEO are saying his face was already like that when they caught him... I hope that is not true...

Back