Elusive Wildlife Technologies Kill Light Negative Report

My email is boondockoutdoors@verizon.net

Widow maker 223, EWT does stand behind their products better that any other company I have ever dealt with. I do not know anyone who has sent them something broke that they did not fix.

Jeremiah

I was just saying that they warrantee every part except the switch and LED. And that they probably dont warrantee the switch cause its not up to par with all the complaints about it. Im not bashing the company at all. I got my kill light from them a few years ago and no complaints.

I agree that these switches are JUNK! Plain & simple. The lights are great! Mine quit working after only the 2nd or 3rd time of using them. Been using the standard tailcap switch ever since. It's kinda funny because I never over stretched my wires or left the switch attached to the stock while undoing the tailcap, either ... Like most people suggest is happening. Everybody automatically assumes that it's the person using it, at fault. They need a better design for these switches. I bought mine directly from EWT.

Originally Posted By: Ricky BobbyI agree that these switches are JUNK! Plain & simple. The lights are great! Mine quit working after only the 2nd or 3rd time of using them. It's kinda funny because I never over stretched my wires or left the switch attached to the stock while undoing the tailcap, either ... Like most people suggest is happening. Everybody automatically assumes that it's the person using it, at fault. They need a better design for these switches. I bought mine directly from EWT.
+1

I heard EWT came out with a new tailcap that has a design where the wires for a remote switch plug into it. I called EWT and they informed me they did indeed have them. I ordered two. The package came in a few days ago and I was anxious to try them. To my dismay I opened the package only to find two of the same remote tailcaps that I already own and have had issues with.
frown.gif

I called EWT and they informed me they ran out of the new versions the day I placed my order so they sent me the original ones.
glare.gif

I explained I didn't want the original ones and they told me to mail them back. At my expense. They also said they weren't sure when the new ones would be available again.
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: beaglerOriginally Posted By: Ricky BobbyI agree that these switches are JUNK! Plain & simple. The lights are great! Mine quit working after only the 2nd or 3rd time of using them. It's kinda funny because I never over stretched my wires or left the switch attached to the stock while undoing the tailcap, either ... Like most people suggest is happening. Everybody automatically assumes that it's the person using it, at fault. They need a better design for these switches. I bought mine directly from EWT.
+1

I heard EWT came out with a new tailcap that has a design where the wires for a remote switch plug into it. I called EWT and they informed me they did indeed have them. I ordered two. The package came in a few days ago and I was anxious to try them. To my dismay I opened the package only to find two of the same remote tailcaps that I already own and have had issues with.
frown.gif

I called EWT and they informed me they ran out of the new versions the day I placed my order so they sent me the original ones.
glare.gif

I explained I didn't want the original ones and they told me to mail them back. At my expense. They also said they weren't sure when the new ones would be available again.
mad.gif

EWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that, Beagler.

Let us know if you end up getting what you were supposed to.

Like I stated above ... I really like the lights, just think the stock mounted switches are NO GOOD.

I like my 250 and Boondock is great to deal with. The pressure switch is something I can expect to fail after a year or two. That doesnt upset me. I really dont use the pressure switch anyway now.
Good luck with the light.
Daryl P.

Thank you to those of you who actually understood the point of me posting this and to those of you who shared your own issues with the switches. Jeremiah, email sent on to you for review. And Yellowhammer, I will be sure to write up another thousand posts so that I have more credibility, thanks for the tip. In all seriousness, I thought that more folks would understand that I posted on this site due to the fact that fellow hunters browse the topics here, and those giving consideration to purchasing this product should be made aware of the issues they may encounter if they have to deal with Elusive Wildlife Technologies. One of the purposes of forums on a hunting site is to share information with others, is it not? Of course everyone is entitled to form their own opinions and I will not begrudge anyone that. And like Ricky Bobby said, everyone automatically points the finger at the user, but I did not try to screw off the tailcap while the switch was attached to the rifle, and the attachment point was on the stock, right beneath the scope, so no cord stretch happening there. When a person drops $200+ on a light kit, they may have expectations that they shouldn't have problems with it, and that in the event they do, that their problems will be handled satisfactorily. I do wish that I had ordered my light from Boondock Outdoors, because I can see that everyone has had a more positive experience with Jeremiah than I have in dealing directly with EWT. Who knew huh? And perhaps if nothing else, everyone will see that and give Jeremiah the business rather than EWT, and he'll be happy and they'll be happy and receive customer service, and something positive will have come of my post for all parties viewing it.

I don't have a pressure switch for my KillLight but I've got them for other lights. The ones I've had for a while are silent when activated although kinda hit/miss in use, gotta squeeze them at just the right spot. I just got 4 or 5 in last week, one with detachable cord. They all make a very distict click when you activate them. They work consistantly but the click seems louder than the clicky tailcaps. All of them came from China. I'm thinking they addressed the failure rate at the expense of silence. I also suspect we'll be seeing these new "improved" versons across the board unless buying namebrand lights.

If anybody has a non working switch they want to get rid of I'd like to disect a few of them. Shoot me a PM.

To all,
I have forwarded your concerns to EWT for review. Please remember that there are two sides to every story and we have not heard theirs yet. I personally have never had them not take care of a single problem with any of their products.. I replace switches under warranty up to 1 year as this is what the warranty I was told is to be. I have received a number of these switches back over the years and when you open them up 90+% of them have clearly had the wires twisted right off.. Im not saying all have done this, but it is really easy to tell when it has been done..

I personally have been using the same wired switches on my weapons for well over 2 seasons now without a failure, but I know that defect do happen.

Beagler,
Please contact me about you getting the wrong switches and them telling to you return on your dime.. I will get this straightened out ASAP as I feel that is totally wrong if that is what happened.. I was told that I could not even get the new switches yet to sell separately.

Coyotecaller112,
If you purchased your light within 1 year and provide me proof of such I will replace your switch under warranty. Please contact me by email to arrange this. I to am low on switches right now, but if I have to I will pull one from one of my personal guns to get you back in the game.

I would like to personally apologize for any and all customer service issues anyone has experienced as I do not want this to reflect on my business or EWT as I believe that they are a great company or I would not be doing business with them. I actually had no dog in this fight till my name was brought into This like I was part of EWT. I am my own sole business and a very proud dealer of EWT products.

Jeremiah

I think the above post says it all!! Should have gone through Jeremiah. Any time in the future that I need something I will be going to him first just for his customer service. It is something that should be expected by ANY company but actually done by few this day and age!

Originally Posted By: Brian WI think the above post says it all!! Should have gone through Jeremiah. Any time in the future that I need something I will be going to him first just for his customer service. It is something that should be expected by ANY company but actually done by few this day and age!

X2!!!

Sorry y'all are having trouble. Obviously, I received the golden switches because I have had two for over a year without any problems. I have one switch on my head mounted xlr100 attached to the bill of my hat so I don't have to reach back to turn my scan light on and off and one on my gun mounted 250. That being said, because of the nature of soldered switches, I am very careful with them. Try to keep in mind that this switch is a fragile bonus part of the package and that warranty on such a part is tricky. I'm sure EWT will work this switch thing out. I have personally witnessed them going over and above for their customers on many occasions. John

Originally Posted By: still learning I have one switch on my head mounted xlr100 attached to the bill of my hat so I don't have to reach back to turn my scan light on and off

Awesome idea
thumbup.gif
. Jeremiah I'll probably be placing another order before long. You can only imagine what for.
rolleyes.gif

PS: make sure it's the golden switch
lol.gif

I have 4 EWT Lights and a lite force. The LF is only a dust collector. Addicted to my EWT products.

I'm sorry you've had bad luck.

i have had one fail i abused the crap out of it i hunt 3or4 times a week lasted me for two years no reason to be mad the tail cap is easier and less to worry about at night.
coyotecaller112,
give it time and all the other lights out there will have the same problem they are just not out there like the kill light is. we will read the same thing about the coyotetlr in a few months.
I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE JUST A PART.

You should have ordered your light from Boondock. I agree with all, not cool to take a full page to vent over this. Next time make sure you order the New Super duty pressure Switch. Rofl.

Or...we all can chip in a buck and send you the $20. Saying from the NFL, COME ON MAN???

I understand why people have posted negative comments on this thread but after reading through all the posts I myself appreciate how Jeremiah approached the situation and as soon as I can get the money it will be headed his way for a predator pack. CC112 I hope you get everything straightened out and good hunting!

Back