Eastern Washington

What a great time for this thread to pop up. I just moved to the west side of Spokane county (Medical Lake) and now I am deciphering the hunting areas and regulations.

Does any know about hunting on the Yakima training center?

Other than that, I would love to hook up with someone for some fall/winter 'yotes.

bob

Hey RedAmerican76 - 76 year you were born? Me too... I grew up in Wenatchee and now have been in Idaho for about 6 yrs. I wish I could still hunt there when I visit because there are quite a few yotes around. I use to hike to Saddle and Black rock a lot and always saw them up there. As well as #2 canyon. I would also love to hunt Badger Mtn. in E. Wen. Also, Waterville all the way to Banks Lake.

Remember, wind is key to success. Always watch down wind.

BobR You have to go to Yakima to the training center, watch a video, picture ID, car insurance. They give you a great map.
Check in and out when you hunt, and hunt where they say you can. it is really easay.
Carl

The training center is like hunting on public land but controlled a lot better, like Bofire said, there are a few steps that your run of the mill idiot wont want to go through, so you won't have irresponsible hunters getting in the way of having a good hunt.

The other thing I've heard about the Yakima training center, (also known as the Yakima firing center), is you have to register your firearms with them. Make, model, serial number. Not a big deal but you can only take in registered firearms.

I now live in Spokane but grew up north of Seattle. My son and I made many trips to eastern WA when we lived over there. We hunted the Colockum area, Leavenworth - down to Wenatchee - up the Columbia to Chelan - and east to the Banks Lake, Ephrata, Moses Lake area.

We haven't hunted as much since moving to Spokane (I got into snowmobiles in a big way a few years back), but I am getting back into calling pretty seriously this year. Probably will focus on areas north and south of Hwy 2, between Spokane and Quincy. My son-in-law's family farms several thousand acres in the Moses Lake-Ephrata area. We will probably be hitting that area pretty hard. I think that almost any area holds yotes, and most farmers with livestock will give permission if asked.

Have fun!!!

Hey Carl....When ya coming over for crying out loud.

Oh I forgot to tell ya, I'm retired and living at home fulltime finally. I'm love'n it too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Bob_R you would be only about 30 minutes from me, I'm south a shortways thru Cheney.

Hey Gary, I am jealous I have 5 years to go!!!!
Connie and I are retiring over that way too, prolly near Fruitland.
I will be over the last week of deer season, I think 12-16th. I'll make sure I have your phone number with me. Got alot of time off in November, have 6 weeks of leave on the books and have to use some up. I am working 10 days in the entire month!LOL
Hey what kinda motorcycle do you have? I remember its a hotrod but forgot what it is.
I think you do have to tell them what gun you are using on the firing range but I think you can register more than one.
Carl

Carl,

You have a PM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Sold all my motorcycles just have one atv left. I purchased a tractor and paid off some bills and now I have the burning desire to get another bike but momma says HAHAHAHA that ain't happenin' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Oh and the hotrod is a Mustang.

Maybe one day here soon a few of us dryside fellers can get out together and do some calling. I'm still kinda new to the eastside myself and don't know many places to go yet.

Quote:
Maybe one day here soon a few of us dryside fellers can get out together and do some calling.

Or a meet and greet somewhere else. I renewed my membership to the Spokane Rifle club so I can use the 200yd range and the indoor pistol range this winter.

I am going to try to get over there pretty soon to sight in my two 3 'yote guns. Never know which one I will want to take out.

bob

Quote:
Bob,
There is a Starbucks in Cheney or ???

Boy, sure wish you COASTIES would stay on your side of the mountains. Your ruinin the hunting for all of us honest Dry siders. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A meet and greet would be a good idea.

Hey Guys,
New to the forum. I am in Wenatchee, but hunt all over the Eastern side of the state (one of the benifits of my job). You can hunt on the Yakima firing range, just check in at the MP station in Selah. They will want to check your vehicle registration & hunting license & ask a few questions.

Paul

PS
Maybe we can all get together for a hunt sometime....I know some great areas.

Hey Matt

Quit yer whinin' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Starbucks is a delykutisent on this side of the hill. Not like it's everywhere, on every street corner in every Safeway store, shoppin mall, car wash, post office, car dealer, Fredricks and Nelson, Victorias Secret, nudie bar.....I have no idea where I'm going with this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif .....well you know what I mean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Besides over here you can sit and relax in Starbucks instead of a feeling like your in some kind of a liberal freak show like in Seattle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

If you want to, we can hook up here and I'll drive us the rest of the way, then maybe you can bring your AR and we can shoot afterwurds, I'll need to move some bulls first though. I spent part of today Pheasant hunting, man I need a bird dog real bad, I missed out on several nice roosters. Then I worked on some loads for the 300 Fireball, I'm thinkin' that's what I'll use this winter for dogs. I just have a problem with blowing them up too bad with 110 grainers so I'll try some 168 match boolets , see if that solves the problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

That's a great plan Gary, I just can't do it for a while.

Just got home today from elk hunting. (No I don't want to talk about it) Then next Thursday I'm headed to Omak for my deer hunt for a week. So this weekend will be Family time.
Looking forward to comeing back over and doing some shooting.

So Matt....

How was elk hunting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, maybe the Omak attack will be better. I wish you and your dad good luck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Of course the elk were not where I saw them a month ago. Should have known better. Also should have remebered what I learned last year.

Bob, Yakima seems to me a long way to go when the is plent of good hunting near your home. Check with the locals drive some back roads and look for cattle ranches. If that don't work drive 45 minutes south to Gary's area and shoot some of his yotes! HE HE

HEY...........STOP THAT!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

They are not wild yotes, they are, they are...........uh...pet's.

Yeah, pets, God's little creatures and they should be left alone. They have rights ya know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Now where's my AR I'm going out to feed the pets /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here is another one in eastern Wa. Okanogan country. About another week, the adults should be in their prime and that is when the shooting starts.

Back