Ear Protection

Originally Posted By: TheGDogMy worry is that with the protection I'm figuring you'd lose a lot of your ability to detect WHERE a sound is coming from.

don't wear hearing protection and in 40 years it wont matter where the sounds are coming from because you wont hear them.

ask me how i know this.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: TheGDogMy worry is that with the protection I'm figuring you'd lose a lot of your ability to detect WHERE a sound is coming from.

don't wear hearing protection and in 40 years it wont matter where the sounds are coming from because you wont hear them.

ask me how i know this.

+1^^

"don't wear hearing protection and in 40 years it wont matter where the sounds are coming from because you wont hear them.

ask me how i know this."

+2

I always wear muffs at the range but when hunting I just don’t shoot enough. Now if I’m going ground squirrel shooting or something I’ll wear them. One day I’ll have a suppressed set up but that still isn’t as good as my bow haha

I have an older brother that is as deff as a post. He never did or will use hearing protection. He refuses to get hearing aids. He is an absolute pain to be around. If he can't read your lips, or be right next to you, it's 'WHAT?' I do not want to be such a burden to the human race because i was to stubborn to respect the facts of hearing loss. No matter what, I use double hearing protection at the range. Mowing grass, hunting, I use a single earmuffs. I use a battery mower. It's a pain, but I really enjoy the no fumes, and the lesser amount of noise.
My pro ears muffs allow me to hear game that I can't see much, much better than if I had the hearing I had when I was a child. And it cuts out most of the blast noise.

Last edited:
Back