E-mail Spam control

River Runner

I seem to be getting more and more members emailing me everyday telling me that they forgot their password and when they try the "I forgot my password" option they never receive anything.
Some go through the process of chewing me out like I ignore the requests, most just wonder if there's a problem with the password retrieval system.

I need you guys to know that if you are using any kind of spam control on your e-mail programs...you are not going to get a password sent to you from the control panel unless you adjust your settings to let it in.
The passwords sent from the control panel are just that...passwords sent from the control panel. It's an automated system, not a warm bodied human sending them out. Your spam controller knows this and blocks it, or dumps it.

I do not have the ability to see anyone's password. Nor does any other staff member. ALL passwords on this site are encrypted. No one knows them except that particular user.

I'm also getting an average of 3 emails a week from those of you using a spam controller, that requires me to click a link in order for the e-mails from the control panel to go through. Reason being...the control panel uses my e-mail address.

Then I get this sent to me;

I apologize for this automatic reply to your email.
To control spam, I now allow incoming messages only from senders I have approved beforehand.
If you would like to be added to my list of approved senders, please fill out the short request form (see link below). Once I approve you, I will receive your original message in my inbox. You do not need to resend your message. I apologize for this one-time inconvenience.

Click the link below to fill out the request:

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I simply do not have the time required to go through all the motions involved with these on a daily basis.
If I could get those of you using this type of software to simply add riverrunner@predatormasters.com and river_runner@tds.net to your "approved" list, you will no longer have trouble getting responses from me or the Predator Masters control panel when retrieving a password.

I have experianced the same thing having AOL. Members would e-mail me questions and I would not recieve it. Eventully, they would PM me and ask, "Did you get my e-mail.?"

Also, I had my mail routed through Outlook so I could send and receive e-mail with my RanUtah@PredatorMasters address. It did get to the point that AOL didn't allow me to send as a third party through Outlook. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif After doing some digging around we found out that was the case so I had no other choice but to dump AOL and switch to broadband. And really, what an improvement it has been. Not only is it faster but I get all my e-mail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I would recommend to anyone that has AOL is to dump it like a hot rock. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Back