E calling question

I know there at least three separate packs near me as I often hear them going nuts at the same time. I only have 10 acres and it is on a busy State road, so they don't frequent my place too often. I have popped a few off the back deck with the .22 when they decided to come through though, but it's usually late Winter when food is scarce. Haven't seen one since getting the new AR
Going to try and get permission to hunt the farms adjoining me and hopefully thin the pack. Hardly any Turkeys or Rabbits around here because the Yotes are so thick

It's kinda the same here with the rabbits. Most of the rabbit sign, and the rabbits I see are very close to the house.
Yesterday I went calling, no more than 200 yards behind the house. I had 1 coyote on the ground at the 6 minute mark, went to pup distress, and 4 minutes later had a second 5 feet from the first.
From where I was calling, I could stand up and see my house, so they're liable to be anywhere.

Try to obtain permission on adjacent properties, and asure the land owners that you are no threat to the deer, and other game animals.
I allways let them know all that I'm after, is coyotes, bobcats, and maybe crows.

Shayne

No offense taken. Always enjoy hearing differing points of view. Our problem here is not just property size, it's fence rows and tall grass areas. The property I hunt is only 18 acres and yes, I can only hunt it once every 2-4 weeks. It is 330' wide at the North end, and 220' at the South end and 1960 feet long, BUT it has a fence row running down the center that ends 100 yards in front of the South end. My neighbor left has 30 acres, my neighbor right has 40 acres. My only approach on my property is N to S. I only hunt it when the wind is just right. I am positive if a coyote comes from the left or the right at full speed, you will not stop him or get off a shot. All I'm really saying is, I would not judge whether to let a call run constantly or intermittently based on him scenting me. I first make sure he does not cross my scent line or wind me due to improper approach or setup.

Last edited:
Back