DTech 22 Nosler and other toys

Thanks for the great pictures Venatic. I have always been impressed with Mikes work.
I like to mess around with odd stuff so I am waiting on a 22 Nosler reamer. My 250 rounds of brass and small base dies showed up yesterday. I have an ar barrel in 223 I am going to rechamber to 22 Nosler and have been looking for any real information on the cartridge. I plan to load the 53gr VMaxs for a coyote round.

Thanks for you data 3DHusker too.
Dave

They average Joe can buy a barrel, a mag, and a box of ammo and be running 55's at 3550 plus. What about that isn't great? Nosler designed it to run 223 bullets in a short tube at long barrel 223 speeds. That is what it does but it also runs 55s accurately and as fast as my 24" swift with a grain over max load of Varget. Haters will hate I guess.

I get just as many loose primer pockets in Federal 6.8 brass from being shot in my 6.5x6.8 as I get bad swipes in my 22 Nolser.

Last edited:
So in essence you are inferring a .223 case can have the same performance as the .223 Ackley and the 22 Nosler which both have 3 to 5% more powder capacity respectively from the same barrel length.
Ok
Anyway finally got to actually shoot something beside LR steel with the 73gr Hornady from the 22 Nosler

Back