Dogtown ammo

Mine shot the BT's fairly well and I was just using the factory Nosler Trophy Grade ammo. It also seems to shoot the 62gr Varmageddon factory load well also. I haven't really shot for a serious group with the rifle yet, just ran some through it for a function check, get a close zero, and to get an idea of what it would do.

Here's 4 shots of the Trophy Grade 55 BT's on a 1" square at 100yds. The shots were taken while standing using the Night Stalker tripod. I get some left to right wiggle on the tripod especially at standing height. I feel that if using a bench and bags or a sled the rifle would shoot even better. Also these 4 shots are part of the first probably 15-20 rounds down the barrel.

41464008645_efdb5f8699_z_d.jpg

Originally Posted By: triumph001Anyone have any experience with dogtown loaded ammo? They just came out with a 22 nosler version. Might be good blaster ammo if nothing else. Hey, a guy has to do something to burn out that pos stoner barrel as quickly as possible.
smile.gif

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/174786...ammo-can-of-200

I ordered the 200 rd can of 22 Nosler. I have a Midway complete side charging upper. I loaded 5 rounds in my mag, found the target, pulled the trigger. It doubled on me. Find brass. One primer pierced and half out of the pocket, the other primer MIA.

My friend tries the ammo in his Ballistic Advantage 22 Nosler barrel, case rims deformed by extractor.

I may pull the bullets, dump the powder and reload with a known good powder charge.

Will looks like the raised price on the 53 gr 223 bullet. I waited to long. Not as attractive as $89.00 and free shipping.
Looks like I will have to wait it out before I buy more. Marty

Just trying my first photo and thought I'd add an fyi the Dogtown is either still on sale or on sale again on Midway. It will be awhile before I can report any review because its the first shipment "part" to my first build lol

URL=http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/popeandyoung178/media/IMG_20190307_152800986_zpsnhweg0cm.jpg.html]
url]

Last edited:
I'm shooting them out of a CMMG 24 inch barrel 1:8 twist. sub MOA @ 100 yards, no mangled brass. When in warms up a little I'm planning on stretching it's legs a little to see what I can do. I know it will shoot better than I can. A buddy uses these for Yotes and so far have dropped every one in their tracks and he has shot several with his gun. Just got my gun together and haven't been hunting with it yet. Still have a few miner things I want to do to it first.

I bought a 200 count supply of the 22 nosler a couple weeks ago from midway. I’m shooting the same gun as oldskool and they performed great out to 200 yards shooting with my thermal. They were consistent and shot tight groups. I finally had a chance to go calling last night and shot my first coyote with them. He was around 150 yards and he dropped in his tracks. For the money I don’t think you can beat them.

Last edited:
Back