Different results - heres why

Quote:After pummeling my steel yotes out to 400yds off stix and out to 800yds prone, I'm pretty sure I could hit a yote @ 40yds offhand. But it still wouldn't be my first option...

Knockem ..... Put your coyote silouette in the woods ....... then walk any direction 40 yards and sit down.

Then stand up. Repeat 10 times .......... You will then understand why I stand when I call. You can see the movement of arrival better, and almost always have a better shot. You can never be right about where they will come from 100% of the time, so don't wanna lock myself to a sitting position.

Last time I hunted Columbia county, woods were alot like around here, so maybe it may will help on ocassion.

Gotta trust me on this one bud!!

When I do hunt from the ground (rare) I have a good shot to sighting ratio.

I let the caliber "disguise" my marginal hits, so ya, I don't claim to drill 'em all dead nuts.
grin.gif

Im glad for you guys that stand up and have luck with it. I cant stand still long enough holding a rifle or shotgun long enough not to make some kind of movement. I hunt ridges hills ,thick woods and so on , I just try to position myself and partner where we have a good view of a approaching yote while sitting down.

THis is a great thread. I've tried the standing thing. Didn't care for it. After a few minutes the ADHD think kicks in and I am squirming all over the place. I can stay still better on the ground.
As I said before, I can't bring myself to specificly hunt coyotes from a tree stand. I wasn't kidding when I said I would quit before I would do it. First. I very rarely call from the exact location as I have before that season. They remember things like that. Two. It forces me to be a better hunter and caller by being on their level. It's not all about putting fur down for me. It's the challenge of it. That's why I almost allways carry the scattergun. Bring them in to that distance and you have won that game. Even if you don't take a shot.
To each his own. Again, GREAT THREAD!!!!!

I thought I was the only one who stood!I stand because I can see better and I always try to have a tree in front to rest the rifle on as well as one in behind me....Chad

Quote: Sleddogg
I find you to be a product of the predator hunting board syndrome buddy..

just my 2 pennies

If you say so George, but I'm not the one sayin how hard Easterns are to kill all the time ... you are.

I'm killin' 'em ..... and you have been around here for awhile, so you know that.

Sorry my sucess seems so impossible to you ..... So quit bashin' me, try something new.

Its more than obvious what you are doin ain't workin!!

Your predator hunting board syndrome buddy, Sleddogg

I guess I was fixing my post as you were posting.. YEA IT WAS OUT OF LINE !

but you say it's working for you , Quote: I'm killin' 'em

how many days did you call last year how many sets and how many kills ??

photos would be nice.

your a expert right?

so how did you last season go???and i am shore there is know one to back up you story right

Last edited:
Pm sent George, you should be able to find pics of many kills with a quick search.

I'd rather not trash a good post with a peein' match Georgey, so air you grievense with me as most do ..... PM or email.

George,

I also took offense to sleddog's baseball analogy and the tone that went along with it.

However, this issue was discussed earlier on this thread and I believe it has been cleared up. Sleddog has obviously taken to heart what we have said here and has done a pretty good job of keeping his attitude in check. I personally will commend him for it, and I think the other guys here have noticed the change as well.

I guess it's that it bothers me that a guy will tell everyone he is a expert and tell others that they need to hit it harder . he also tells the same guys that he calls 20 to 30 predators in a year and has killed no less then 10 coyotes a year for the last 30 years, but then over 4 years or so only post about 6 or 7 kills? that's all..
I will look to see how he does this coming fall and winter..

No i didn't read every post because I already now his story.

I know remove my self from this post .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jasonpredhunter I'm not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers just speaking my opinion.
No problem jason, I understand you and George. Like I said earlier, it's all in the delivery.

I was just giving a little credit where I felt it was due.

Back