Designed by Coyote Hunters, Made for Coyote hunting. V.A.P.R suppressor!

Thanks for the info, Skinney. I'd be all over this if I didn't have a YHM-Ti sitting at the Class III waiting on a stamp. A Can is the next big step up in The Game. Can't wait.

Not all suppressors are created equally, just as with rifles, optics, trucks, ....

More and more inexpensive cans are coming to market, reflecting a growing market as the myths of silencers continue to be eroded by facts.

Cheap silencers aren't for everyone however. It takes a WHOLE lot more knowledge, research, and effort (reflected in expense) to win military contracts -- particularly with "special" groups. There performance wins. Period.

Suppressors are like everything else (boats, etc.). There are tradeoffs along the way. Suppressors can be optimized for weight, sound, accuracy, QD, first round pop reduction, heat tolerance, ... I'm probably forgetting several things...oh yeah cost....or nearly any combination therein.

Doug Melton's suppressors are optimized for accuracy and sound suppression. The titanium models are also optimized for durability and weight. Not cost. SRT is not the only high quality silencer manufacturer out there, but he is among the best.

SRT suppressors will FOR SURE outlast me and be transferred to my offspring. They are FOR SURE as accurate or more accurate than any others I'm aware of. The marginal cost between his suppressors and those optimized for low cost is well worth it for me. Spread that incremental cost over the lifetime of the silencer and it's less than what we spend on coffee or soda in any given week.

Buy once, cry once is what I say. That's not for everybody, but that is how I roll.

Sendit

Originally Posted By: NcWhitetailAt $1150 these are priced WAY above what I would consider spending for a suppressor.
3700 is WAY above what MANY consider spending on an optic...
Opinions vary.

Originally Posted By: sendit223

Buy once, cry once is what I say. That's not for everybody, but that is how I roll.

Sendit
You roll well my brother...

Originally Posted By: NcWhitetailAt $1150 these are priced WAY above what I would consider spending for a suppressor.

I've been looking in the wrong place then. I am pretty close to dropping down on the Surefire SOCOM Mini. MSRP $1350+

I may have to re-evaluate;

Originally Posted By: Arizona BushmanOriginally Posted By: NcWhitetailAt $1150 these are priced WAY above what I would consider spending for a suppressor.

I've been looking in the wrong place then. I am pretty close to dropping down on the Surefire SOCOM Mini. MSRP $1350+

New Jeep, now thinking of new suppressor.. Is your girlfriend a sugar momma? ha ha

Originally Posted By: Arizona Bushman

I've got the new Surefire 762RC on order... did you just say 1800.00 retail... now that may be overpriced... neh...

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: Arizona Bushman

I've got the new Surefire 762RC on order... did you just say 1800.00 retail... now that may be overpriced... neh...

Yeah, exactly my point. I'm pretty sure the aforementioned $1800 price tag doesn't even include the adapter......but who is counting anyways; we can always just print off more Petro Dollars and minimize hyper-inflation through an occasional war here and there.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Arizona Bushman
Yeah, exactly my point. I'm pretty sure the aforementioned $1800 price tag doesn't even include the adapter......but who is counting anyways; we can always just print off more Petro Dollars and minimize hyper-inflation through an occasional war here and there.
lol.gif

LOL... BTW, the new SOCOM762-RC will be here in about 3 weeks... let me know how your Mini turns out... I'll be running mine on my new LongRifles, Inc. Blackout.

My 762RC is sitting at my dealer now, next week I get a conjugal visit with it on my Longrifles Inc 300winmag and my AR.

That new SRT looks pretty sweet, I'm sure you'll make it a movie star this winter, looking forward to some vids.

Originally Posted By: WyFoxMy 762RC is sitting at my dealer now, next week I get a conjugal visit with it on my Longrifles Inc 300winmag and my AR.

Sounds like a deadly combo, I would like to see pics of it when you get your visitation rights..., how long you been waiting on your 4?

Originally Posted By: WyFoxThat new SRT looks pretty sweet, I'm sure you'll make it a movie star this winter, looking forward to some vids.

we've already started buddy, just not on coyotes
wink.gif

Dang Jim......I was wanting a sound file to go with that video.

Too bad that so many don't feel the way we do. Once you have a can on and shoot with one, you will never go back to an unsuppressed rifle...not by choice anyway.

Looks like a good product. Keep it up.

gonzaga said:
Dang Jim......I was wanting a sound file to go with that video.

Too bad that so many don't feel the way we do. Once you have a can on and shoot with one, you will never go back to an unsuppressed rifle...not by choice anyway.
--------------------------------
That may be true for some folks but old Cronk will never have one on any of HIS guns.

Originally Posted By: Rich Cronk
That may be true for some folks but old Cronk will never have one on any of HIS guns.

just outta curiosity, why?

Rich, I know you would really enjoy one. Yes they are a bit of investment initially, but once you have one they are really nice. My kids love to go shooting now.

Nice to hear from you again old friend....glad to see you are still around

Last edited:
Back