decoying crows

JBD to answer your question, they use 30' painters poles to reach the upper branches. There is another way, by using fishing line and weights, but to through that many lines up in the trees takes to long.

Here is the pic of them setting up.

dec23-crow3.jpg

Bill here is a pic of the back of Bob's truck on one of his daily missions.

b03.jpg

And here is a pic of the Crow Commander himself.

Bob Aronsohn

b04.jpg

Take note as to all the birds. Don't want to have to clean up behind him.

b05.jpg

Originally Posted By: puppypopperHere you go, so pic's of decoying crows.Hopefully these pics might give you some ideas.

dec23-crow1.jpg

dec23-crow3.jpg

dec23-crow6.jpg

101_5871.jpg

101_5873.jpg

Hey Puppy!!!
Those bottom two photos look amazingly like fire base Raven!!!!!
sneaky2.gif

So this is where you and Verminator have been hanging out,I have been hot
and heavy on the dogs,as soon as yote season ends I will get back on the crows!!
thumbup1.gif

P.S. Thats a [beeep] of a set up with all those sentries in the tree,great job!!!
thumbup.gif

Shanedog

Last edited:
Eric - On the top of the crows are hook holes. You can take fishing line and a weight to counter balance the decoy in the tree. Or you can pic small branches to rest your deks on. If you look in the bottom pic above you will see that the birds are hanging below the branch of the tree. I have seen guys take sinker weights to throw up in to a tree then pull up the deks to the branches above.

B.Y. - I wish that was where I was hunting. For some reason the birds are not here right now. Last year this time I had no problems finding birds, guess they needed a break and flew somewhere else.

Eric, what you can do is take a fishing swivel, hook it to the eyelet of the decoy, attach line and a weight. Throw the weight into the tree, then pull up the decoy to the limb. The swivel will let the decoy rotate in the wind.

You can take a coat hanger and cut it to make what would be a 6/0 hook to put on a limb. You will have to gauge you hook sizes you the trees you are hunting under.

Back