CZ527 .22 Hornet -- Better in K Hornet?

"I like the K Hornet for the reduced case trimming as much as anything. I was having to trim almost every time I reloaded the case. It seems that Lil Gun works best with 40 grain or heavier, but I was getting almost 2950 fps in my CZ. I am ready to try some Midsouth bulk 34 grain hp bullets with AA1680 as soon as I can get to the range."

lhitchcox,
Be interested in knowing what develops when you get these loads to the range.

As far as case trimming goes, that is one of the things bugging me too. My bench is starting to look like gold dust just from the Hornet re-loads.
Vangky.

The CZ mag is too short to seat the bullets anywhere near the lands for best accuracy. Send it off to Calhoon and they can modify it to hold at least 1/10th inch or more longer. My gun shoots much better. They have a neat set of rings and bent bolt handle to mount scopes lower also. My favorite load is 12 gr Lil-Gun with 40 gr bullets. Don't get pushed by the wind as much and trajectory is better past 100 yds.

The 40 grain Sierra (#1385) is a tack driver in the CZ 22 hornet and like others have said will not wind drift like the smaller pills. Plus at 150 yds and then some will put the hurt on yotes, fox, cats. Been loading that 40 grainer a long time and have tried them all in a CZ hornet. With 12.6 grains of Ltl-Gun and seated at 1.735 it will load fine in the mag. I use the 3 shot mag cut down and also have the James Calhoon one shot mag for single shot when target punching. Just line up some 2x4's (can't recall either 3 or 4) and green at that, and back off about 150yds and throw some of those 40 grainers down range and see what happens. Been awhile now, but I believe they will clear them with a clean pass thru. So you can imagine what they would to a yote and they are tough to bring down.

Back