CZ 527

I had a 527 LUX. It was a great rifle until it was stolen. Still have a 550 and a 452, and dearly love them both.

Maybe you guys have similar experiences: sometimes I will bond with a rifle really well, other times not so much. The ones I have bonded with just shoot better.

Like one other contributor, I didn't use the set trigger all that much, but the standard trigger is still really nice. These things just shoot well.

I have a shell shucker type rifle right now I am thinking of trading off for another 527.

Only $1000??? Your sense of money and mine are totally different...I have a 527 Varmint and would be hard pressed to consider anything different for the money..

Take the financial difference, add a good Leupold scope and still have some change left over for some ammunition...

I know that Coopers have a great reputation, but have to question the benefit of the extra money when it comes down to actual use...If you are a professional hunter that depends on the equipment for your living, then maybe...

Originally Posted By: OldTurtle

I know that Coopers have a great reputation, but have to question the benefit of the extra money when it comes down to actual use...

It's pretty much the same difference as that Mercedes you bought compared to a Chevy Caprice.
The Chevy'll do every thing the Benz will, so why'd ya buy it? You're not a professional race car driver, right?

Don't get me wrong. I love my CZ and think they're one of the best firearms out there, but it doesn't compare to my Cooper.

I do agree with ya on the "only $1000.00" part though.

Quote:The Chevy'll do every thing the Benz will, so why'd ya buy it? You're not a professional race car driver, right? ....First, the Mercedes was taken in trade on my Harley, not a choice to buy...I've always been a Chevy person...Secondly, while not a professional race car driver, I am a Certified Emergency/Pursuit trained driver and still get a little thrill in a high speed drift...
tongue_smilie.gif

Nothing wrong with that Bill.
My point was that you don't have to be a professional hunter like you suggested to appreciate a fine firearm (or car).
The way I figure it, as long as you didn't steal the money and your responsibilities don't suffer, a guy should buy whatever he wants.

JMO

Originally Posted By: RePeteNothing wrong with that Bill.
My point was that you don't have to be a professional hunter like you suggested to appreciate a fine firearm (or car).
The way I figure it, as long as you didn't steal the money and your responsibilities don't suffer, a guy should buy whatever he wants.

JMO

I agree with that. Buy what you like and what you can afford. The Cooper makes a fine rifle. Unless I bought one with a plastic stock though, I would be concerned about marking up one of those magnificent walnut stocks in the field. The CZ stock is very nice, but generally not presentation grade. Not so worried about marking up a CZ.

Originally Posted By: stubbicattOriginally Posted By: RePeteNothing wrong with that Bill.

JMO

I agree with that. Buy what you like and what you can afford. The Cooper makes a fine rifle. Unless I bought one with a plastic stock though, I would be concerned about marking up one of those magnificent walnut stocks in the field. The CZ stock is very nice, but generally not presentation grade. Not so worried about marking up a CZ.

Not always.

CZ stock.
noname073.jpg

Cooper stock.
032.jpg

Doesn't matter to me one way or the other though. I take em both hunting.
I mean, that's what they're made for, right?

Guys, my statement about "only $1000 difference" had a bit of sarcasm in it. That is a significant amount of $ to most, including me.

All in all, I went with the Cooper M21 in 204. It actually was a bit over $1K more. No, I'm not a professional hunter nor am I wealthy. I just have been fortunate as of late.

I'm still interested in CZ's there still may be one in the near future.

Thanks to all that replied,

Jeremy

Back