CZ 527 M1 American-Updated-rifle here

JTPinTX

Custom Call Maker
Okay, I am wanting a CZ 527 M1 American in .223, but am running into some questions. How many models of this are there? I was wanting the walnut stock with a 22" barrel. When my guy calls his distributor though, they are listing it as a 527 M1 American carbine, with an 18.5" barrel. He said he called the CZ factory and they say there is no such thing as an M1 with an 18.5 " barrel, they are all 22". Does anyone have the scoop on this where they can straighten me out?

Last edited:
But the CZ website isn't accurate either... The pic they have for the 527 M1 American is wrong. The pic actually shows a Lux model with the five round clip, sights, and the Lux stock. The American has a different stock and comes with rings instead of sights. The M1 version has different bottom metal and a flush mounted 3 round magazine.

What I am wondering is if CZ offers a carbine model of the 527 M1 that isn't shown on their website, but shows up at the dealers.

Here is the Carbine he must got info on:
http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-527-carbine/

I haven't seen M1's with walnut stocks, just black and camo. The M1 Predator Ultralight was the same as the other except for being dipped (and $150 difference). It's been a while since i looked at them so they might have a walnut model out, I'd call Whittakers to find out. Pics from Whittakers when the Pred came out:
ultra4a.jpg

ultra2a.jpg

peace.
unloaded

They must have changed their website since the last time I visited it. In the link that I'm providing they show the M1 with a 5 round mag yet describe it as a 3 round mag. I know it was availabe as a three round mag with a 22" barrel and with a walnut stock available in 223 only. A year ago I wanted one in a 204 but my dealer said he could get on but only chambered in 223. Here's the link and the pic is wrong.
http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-527-m1-american/

Last edited:
Well, I had him order it anyways. Main things I wanted were American, M1, and walnut. It says it has all three of them. But it also says carbine and 18.5" barrel. I can live with that if that is how it actually comes in, this will probably be the first rifle my daughter shoots when she gets old enough. I'm thinking though it is going to be a 22" when it gets here. We will know next week, it is supposed to be here Wednesday.

Okay, so I got my new CZ in yesterday. I am very impressed so far. It did turn out to be the 22" barrel just as I expected. Wood is good, much better than it shows in the photo. Checkering is very nice and crisp, and the barrel is floated. The trigger is adjustable for weight, pre-travel, and over-travel and is set pretty decent from the factory. It also has a single set trigger. Metal work is good, blueing is good, overall fit and finish is good. It came with scope mounts, the flush three round magazine, AND the extended 5 round magazine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif That was a much appreciated bonus, since I was planning on buying one of them anyways.

The factory test target had 3 shots in a 5/16 ctc group at 50 meters. The barrel seemed to clean very nice and easy. I shot 3 rounds this morning before work just setting the scope and everthing was very responsive and predictable. I think this rifle is really going to shoot. I really like it alot so far. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

CZ2-1.jpg

Some thoughts on the 527 ( I have the carbine version in 223). I bought one about 5 years ago and it is a great shooter . It has two problems as far as I am concerned.First the safety works in the reverse direction as safeties on American bolt guns which is a safety concern . Second the magazine extends below the stock and you can't carry the gun by the stock because the mag is at the balance point of the gun . I know they have fixed this problem but if you go used you may get the old style .The good news is these are extreamly well made guns that shoot very well!

RamJet

You might be able to buy one of the new M1 magazines from CZ. I hear ya about the balance point, and had the magazine and bottom metal modified on my 527Amercan.
The safety does give some folks fits, but so far it hasn't been an issue for me. (Knock on wood.) The guy that did the magazine told me "just remember to cock it like a revolver".
That's simple enough for even an old dummy like me to remember.
They're durable little rifles that always seem to be pretty accurate. Plus CZ seems to listen to the consumer better than most manufacturers. The M1 being an example of that fact.
Now if they would just make that little carbine in 17Rem. or even better,,, 17FB. That might very well be the "Perfect" walking varminter.

Here's mine with the mod's and a Pac-Nor barrel chambered in 17FB.
Some of you are probably getting tired of this pic. Sorry but I love this little rifle.
LTRonthecheap.jpg

For those that are tired of that pic,,, here's a different angle.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
noname040.jpg

Oh yea,,, new scope too. 2.5-10 Elite4200. My first Bushnell, and after using it one full season I'm very impressed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: timbHey Pete--that coyote looks down right sleepy!
grin.gif

Probably got tired from traveling on only three legs.
Well,,, that and the 25gr sleeping pill I prescribed.

Back