coyotes relationship with fox

Ive only seen reds in yote territory in the dead of winter. I think they get desperate and go and look for food.

There is a red den in the front of my subdivision and about 4-500 acres that I have permission to hunt behind my house in the back. Ive seen the reds laying out sunning themselves 15 feet from the street by this guys house, crossing the road with pups a couple times too.

I Called in one of the reds the day after the season ended here in IL in an area where there were yote tracks and scat. and Ive seen red tracks and yote tracks on the same trails but again only in the middle of winter. In the summer fall and spring its just yotes in those areas.

Ive seen a coyote in my yard twice, however I have seen reds in my yard over a dozen times in the 5-6 years I have lived in this house. This leads me to believe if the reds want to live they have to settle for the areas the coyote doesn't want.

Last edited:
Used to have a lot of red fox here, once the yotes moved in gone.But have seen more fox this year then the last twenty.I know I haven't put a dent in coyote pop.I think the fox are gettin smarter.Or should I say slier?

Being an Urban Coyote trapper here in Ga. this past year I had one red fox killed by yotes in one of my traps and another small coyote was taken.........only both front feet were left.......

Back