Coyote Light Users input...IS IT that GOOD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jrcampbellso anyway.....
Any way you could possibly get some beam shots on here jeremiah or josh? for those of us that are interested.

+1, I'd like to see some comparisons at close and long range. I'm ready to buy, but want to spend wisely..

I will have to take some beamshot pics, but it will be a day or two till I get to...

There is a night and day difference between the "coyote light" and any led flashlight though..

Jeremiah

Other than size, what about the Lightforce 170 and the Coyote light?

Have you used one of those before? How does it compare? I already have that but it does put out a lot of light. That same power in a more compact size would be great. As long as it is dimmable.

Certainly looks like a great light and I've heard nothing but good things about it. My only issue is I use a shotgun 90% of the time at night, almost every shot is well inside 50yds. I really wouldn't have a need to reach out so far.

Originally Posted By: Bob after Bob What ever happened to the predator headlamp that was just in white that was the best 2 years ago. Everyone was killing fur with it in white and everyone said it did not spook game.
I used one for a couple years, sold it not too long ago. I used mine as a scanning light with a red filter which DRAMATICALLY cut down the range. When I used it without a red filter I had numerous fox spook coming in.

i would also like to see some beamshots and would also like to know the candela(kcd) output on the lights mentioned above. these are the only two lights i have not had a chance to test on my light meter. candela is is unit of measure recognized by ANSI and NEMA for how far a light will throw. posting these numbers will give us a more scientific, factual idea of how good these lights really are. or just send me one and i will test it and post the numbers.
wink.gif

Last edited:
What part of Pa are you in Bob after Bob?? I'm also in Pa and it isn't windy everyday where I'm at.. Get ALOT of nice calm evenings where I'm from. And a 500 yard shot isn't luck as much as it is skill. I've been known to hold under 3 inch groups at 500 with a Ruger .204 and 40 grain V-Max. And yes it was a RARE calm day.

Originally Posted By: BoondockOutdoorsI had a customer bring a "Earnievor 5" to my shop and I wasnt impressed, it has unneccessary light spilling all over the place and the "Coyote Light" blew it away..
You would need the extra $300 just to feed the "5" with batteries

Jeremiah

I have to strongly disagree on this post. The Carnivore 5 sells for $124 and that includes six batteries. Boondock sells six batteries for $66. Boondock also sells a charger for $25 that is much less quality than the one I got with the Carnivore 5. So that is like getting the Carnivore 5 for $124-$66-25= $43.00. I call that just about the best deal out there on a quality light except for a Noxx. I use the Carnivore 5 as a shooting light, hunt all night, and have never run out of the first set of batteries as each set runs for 1.5 hours. Also, I usually hunt until sunrise in the morning at least once a week.

I have tried every light I know of except for the Coyote light and I feel that the Carnivore 5 is by far the best gun light. However, the one light I have not used is the Coyote Light. It may be a better light or the best light out there. I am hearing good things about this light on here and I hope someday to try one. I am not a salesman and only judge lights once I use them in the field not on a wall in a house. I think it is awesome that is made in Pennsylvania by a predator hunter. That alone is a good reason to buy one. I just cannot afford one but if I had the money I would love to try one out. Sounds very appealing to me.

Thursday night I shot at a fox's head popped up over a hill at 500+ yards with my Carnivore 5 with ease. Missed the shot as I did not correctly account for the wind and did not take the time to adjust my turrent. He was up close and spooked then ran up the other side of the mountain and popped his head over. Knew he would either be dead or a miss that is the only reason why I shot. However, I am confident out to 250 and have shot many fox over 225 this year with no lost fox. This was all easy with the Carnivore 5 and I would have never been able to do this with my Kill Light 250.

Jeremiah, I feel your post referring to the Carnivore 5 as the Earnivore 5 is very disingenous and in very poor taste and disrespectful to the seller of this light, Ernie Wilson. I have also read on another post where you publically put down the seller of the Coyote TLR light which I feel is another great light. Be careful in this business about putting our brothers down. In the end it will only hurt you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: 17FireballJeremiah, I feel your post referring to the Carnivore 5 as the Earnivore 5 is very disingenous and in very poor taste and disrespectful to the seller of this light, Ernie Wilson. I have also read on another post where you publically put down the seller of the Coyote TLR light which I feel is another great light. Be careful in this business about putting our brothers down. In the end it will only hurt you.

Mike,
This is the only response I will give you about this subject till you decide to sign your posts with your real name.

First off, I never put any light down in my post. I just stated fact! The "5" that was brought to my shop drained two fresh batteries in less that a half hour of testing.

Second, You have no clue as to the past between myself or anyone else..

Myself and one of my Prostaff have been disrespected by one of the men that you refer to just because we did not want him to push his products on us at my booth at a show in public. The other I did not put down just stated fact that I would never deal his lights due to how I was treated by him when inquiring about being a dealer..

Neither of these men are my "Brothers" and if you don't like something that I post then please feel free to ignore me. It is real easy click on my profile name then click "view profile" and then just click on "ignore user" in the middle of the page.
wink.gif

or you could just go hang out at your "social club" forum and quit trying to promote your buddies light on forum pages where he doesn't pay a sponsorship fee! or maybe you can track down more of my staff and send them emails to their work email asking predator hunting questions!

Jeremiah Weber

Ultramag,
I have been busy with light customers at the retail store, very busy with all the hunts going on. Bed time now as I have a 10 hour shift tomorrow starting at 3am..

I will try to get a beamshot in the next couple of days. Not sure how good it will be as cameras dont like red light, but ill get one as soon as I can!

Jeremiah

Howdy folks, new here. I was searching for some info about the coyote light, and here is where it brought me. So far I like what I'm hearing about the light. My question would be, can you see the reticle with ease or does one need an illuminated reticle? I've shot many a varmint at night with a shotgun, but never attempted night hunting with centerfire. Daytime calling is fairly productive here, but with all the cover here in the east, they see you before you see them. Thanks.

Last edited:
I was seeing across a field that I know is over 600 yards tonight. Amazing light. I don't know if it will ID a predator that far out, as I didn't have any critters beyond 75 yards tonight. The 2 I did see came in close to me via tall grass & trees & wouldn't jump into the open. Lots of fun though.

I've hunted with the Laser Genetics, XLR 250s, and several other predator lights & this Coyote Light blows them all away. You'll just have to trust me on that.

I will say this, it is pretty heavy. I'm assuming that is the glass facing on the gizmo. Pretty cool light, to say the least.

I'll try to get a field shot tomorrow...

You could not blind them in the grass then hit them with the barrel? Whats up wit tat.
Blows them all away is great, calling them to shooting range will still get you more fur. Shooting range can be covered by any of the above lights. They get any brighter there going to make predators hold up in high weeds, or hunters are going to have to put jet fuel in the brass instead of powder to reach them. I sometimes wonder about any of them flashlights. One friend has about 10 lights, the other has 2 Energizer headlamps, uses a shotgun and kills probably more predators in the East than any hunter. Just Joking you know about the distance. Glad you like it, new toys are always fun.

Originally Posted By: BoondockOutdoorsUltramag,
I have been busy with light customers at the retail store, very busy with all the hunts going on. Bed time now as I have a 10 hour shift tomorrow starting at 3am..

I will try to get a beamshot in the next couple of days. Not sure how good it will be as cameras dont like red light, but ill get one as soon as I can!

Jeremiah

Is this where we've come with all the advances in the last few years with LEDs is buying flashlights based on beamshots. There's a much easier way. It's only $20 and it takes all the opinion out of the equation. It's a pretty simple device used in photography every day, it measures lumens per meter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-50000-Lux-3-...=item5aee4aaa9c

When I look through my scope every light I've tried fills the FOV whether I'm set at 4x or 12x. You may feel this beam is better than that beam but at 100 yards if your FOV is 9 feet at 12x and both lights illuminate an area larger than your FOV does it really matter what's outside the FOV of your scope???

The red XLR250 that I measured put out 9000 lux at 1 meter. This eqautes to 1 lux at 95 meters.

For the coyote light to illuminate an object with 1 lux at 400 meters it needs to read 160000 at 1 meter.

With all the lights that Boondock sells a simple $$/distance ratio could be set up, you could buy the light that fits your needs and wallet.

Last edited:
I just placed and order for a Lux meter. I ordered one that goes up to 200,000 Lux..

I just also downloaded an Lux meter app for my Android..I questioned the accuracy, but the XLR250 red measured 9,161 Lux.. This app says that the max Lux my phone is capable of measuring is 40,000 Lux.. I then hit it with the "Coyote-Light" ans it pegged the meter at 40,000 instantly..

I will post results when my meter gets here..

Just for the record I was only gonna post a beam shot cause I was asked to.. Beamshots mean nothing to me..

Jeremiah

Originally Posted By: BoondockOutdoorsI just placed and order for a Lux meter. I ordered one that goes up to 200,000 Lux..

I just also downloaded an Lux meter app for my Android..I questioned the accuracy, but the XLR250 red measured 9,161 Lux.. This app says that the max Lux my phone is capable of measuring is 40,000 Lux.. I then hit it with the "Coyote-Light" ans it pegged the meter at 40,000 instantly..

I will post results when my meter gets here..

Just for the record I was only gonna post a beam shot cause I was asked to.. Beamshots mean nothing to me..

Jeremiah

I know the beam shape means a lot to me depending on whether I am scanning or shooting. I want a nice flood for scanning and a nice tight beam for shooting. I could do that with the lightforce, but it was just to large to be practical mounted to a rifle. I have seen the Wicked lights and the center beam is very focused and travels far. Far enough for me to use comfortably at my preferred distances.

But, I still want to see this Coyote light before I spend the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back