Coyote Light Review

GRIZZLYONE

Was able to ring out the Coyote Light for a couple of nights weekend before last. Been busy. In areas here in So Cal that are public, non Military bases or part of some National Park does not leave a whole lot of ground to call and the coyotes are pounded hard day and night. Their real spooky especially at night and this is why I decided to purchase the Coyote Light cause of the rheostat feature and It did not disappoint. The first night I only called in one coyote in to about 60 yards, and that's calling them in close for these parts. The only shot I had was through some brush at A pair of eyes and I guess the 55 grain Nosler was deflected. The second night I called in a Gray early on that nearly ran over top of me, I could not find the mute button fast enough to get him to stop for a shot but he was not spooked by the light. A few hours later I had several howlers laughing at me and that usually means your busted and no way are they going to show their eyes. I shut every thing down, waited about ten minutes then turned on the Bay Bee Cottontail turned on the light to about 33% got a shot at one at around 125 yards, missed then a few minutes later another one showed it's eyes out at around 200 yards at my nine o clock position but I did not get a shot off. It aint easy lighting with one hand, shooting with the other. The light has to be hand held here in California. Were not allowed to mount any type of light or night vision on any firearm. But these coyote showed after a howling session at night and that's rare of in these parts. Being able to turn the light down is the key around here. It does not take much light to pick up a pair of eyes way out. After that I drove to a new location to start calling. Finally around 1:00 AM picked up a pair of eyes at my two o clock position out at 70 yards there bouts he headed down wind, got him to stop at my twelve by this time he was at 100 yards finally killed one. Unloaded the Sako, went to retrieve my coyote. Made a few more stands in the rain then it just started to pour and that was it. So between the dimming capabilities with the rheostat feature, the beam adjustment that enables you to see them way out there. For me this is money well spent. The light balances well in the hand and is built like a tank. You can feel the quality when you hold it. I had the rheostat set at 33%, 1/3 power most of this hunt. This was all I needed and the battery life was amazing. Almost two full nights of hunting on a full charge. I'm certain the charge would have lasted the entire second night if it wasn't for the rain. The light showed no signs of letting up. I often hunt solo at night and this worked out well for me. Grizz

Sweet and congrats on the yote. Good review of the light. I have been looking at the wicked lights, and I am really leaning towards one that mounts to my rifle(not illegal here in Illinois). I have used handheld lights in the past and its challenging to do it by yourself.

Have you thought about mounting the light on a camera tripod so that you don't have to hold it and shoot? Congratulations on the coyote!

Love those coyote lights! I had a wicked 402zf key word being had. Finally broke down and spent the money for coyote light!

went to a coyote seminar here in pa the guy talking had his mounted on his shooting sticks . about how far do you think you could shoot with them and ID what you are shooting at .

Thanks for the review. I have been reaearching a lot of different lights lately. I ordered the Coyote light last night. It is more than I wanted to spend but from what everyone says I won't be disappointed. We'll see...

Originally Posted By: Dewey NYThanks for the review. I have been reaearching a lot of different lights lately. I ordered the Coyote light last night. It is more than I wanted to spend but from what everyone says I won't be disappointed. We'll see...

I even have the original version..........u wont b disappointed.........good luck!!!!
thumbup1.gif

Thanks for the review and all the great comments. We have been humbled with all the great feed back and testimonials that have been coming in. We truly appreciate them all. I have seen some people mount the light on a swiveling tube below the yoke. This allows some scanning with a steady shooting platform.

Another vote here for the Coyote Light!
I purchased mine in October and started hunting with it here in Illinois on November 10th.
After using mine for a few days my hunting partners all bought their own. We have killed 46 coyotes so far with the Coyote Light and we all agree our total would be about half without it.

The Construction of these lights is world class. The adjustable brightness is the most hunter friendly aspect of it for us. So many times last year we had too much light on the coyotes to get them close or a light splash close to us spooked them off. Both of those problems are 100% eliminated with the rheostat to adjust brightness and bezel of the Coyote light

The other surprise was the service received after our own operator error. We dropped one DEEP in the mud,filling the charging port with mud and jamming the rheostat up with that gumbo. One call in for service got the light fixed free and shipping paid...both ways!!

I challenge anybody to top that service! It's not going to happen.

This is the best example of you get what you pay for that I've had in a long time.
Hope this review helps!

Last edited:
well luke i hunted with my best friend skinner this past weekend in the west texas big bobcat contest. [beeep] we didnt win i got to see the coyote light in action. ive been running EWT varmint package xlr 100 and 250. i do alot of solo night hunting and this combo has worked..... kinda lol. i spot the eyes with the 100 but when i turn the 250 on it sometimes spooks um or causes a hang up way out. so im going to be switching to the coyote light to go on the rifle love the dimmer switch it really makes all the difference. also like the light weight but very durable construction. Ace in tha Hole!!!! Keep up the good work and God bless!

Once again Thank You. We set out to make a light that was user friendly and that could be hunted in any environment using every method we could think of. We also wanted to redefine burn times, distance and reliability. We wanted to be a true American made product and the price ended up more than the Chinese lights that we were used to. But after actually hunting the proto types we realized that we it was worth every penny and there was nothing to compare it to.

i just received my order of two lights last night. One for scanning and one for the gun. I love them! I expected the best light that I had ever hunted with and that is what I got. the light is amazingly bright, has almost no spill, and the battery life is unmatched by anything I have ever used. It would be tough to go back to a lesser quality light. It is expensive but worth it in my opinion.

one thing I notice about The Coyote Light when reading all these post is, people go and buy this light and that light but once you purchase The Coyote Light, it is the last light you have to buy

Originally Posted By: hunter44one thing I notice about The Coyote Light when reading all these post is, people go and buy this light and that light but once you purchase The Coyote Light, it is the last light you have to buy

the main reason people bost so much about the light is it ROCKS and if u can start there so u don't waste good $ trying to squeak by u get there sooner rather than later ILO chasing top performance and wasting more $ doing that only to end up there if the high performance & lightweight & compactability is what u want to begin with......good luck!!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

Back