Coyote hunting in southern Nevada

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: rfultz1im in kingman az area. been wanting to hunt Nevada I have a big hunt coming up in about two weeks but I don't know the area so I was gonna hold off til I figured it out over there. also I don't really have anyone to hunt with here a lot I usually go alone so if any of you want to hook up and hunt here or there that would be great just let me know.

You have some really good areas to hunt just over the mountain between Kingman and just before you go over the hill into the river bottom. I use to hunt there before AZ raised their licence fees.

I was thinking about hunting in Kingman until I noticed they don't have an out of state yearly license... its a combo for 140 or 160.

yeah the out of state I think can get pretty expensive. but I think you can get a 3 day pass for cheap. The only reason I thought about hunting Nevada is because you don't need a license to hunt coyotes there.

crapshoot, ive never hunted down there always look around when driving to bullhead but have never went I live just on the other side of those mountains. I will have to go scout it. working in phoenix the last two weeks so I haven't done any more scouting for this hunt lately just what I see on the way here and back.

I will travel over there though, lol

Last edited:
I have lived here in Vegas for a little over a year, went out coyote hunting on the Arizona strip with a buddy when I was in college in southern Utah. Been a few years and looking to get back into it in the area. I would be happy to glean any info from the area veterans. I would also be happy to tag along with anyone looking for a partner. I just joined the forum and looking forward to meeting some good people.

Sorry to bump this back up guys but I just got back from a couple months in Washington and I'm ready to get out there. Pm me other residents of southern Nevada and let's set something up!

Originally Posted By: cougartracksI have lived here in Vegas for a little over a year, went out coyote hunting on the Arizona strip with a buddy when I was in college in southern Utah. Been a few years and looking to get back into it in the area. I would be happy to glean any info from the area veterans. I would also be happy to tag along with anyone looking for a partner. I just joined the forum and looking forward to meeting some good people.

The AZ Strip is an amazing area. Hunted big desert mule deer there decades ago. Three ways to get there from Vegas. Lime Kiln canyon or Elbow canyon. Both out of Mesquite. You can also take River Road south out of St George. I would take Lime Kiln canyon.
Take first Mesquite exit. Make a right at Terrible Herbst. Cross the river and take the dirt road to the left. You are on Lime Kiln. Once through the pass you have many options. I usually make my way to Long Valley and over Mt Trumbull to Toroweap. Toroweap is the best place to see the Grand canyon. That's a long haul best done in two days. I would rattle around in that country for days and not see anyone. I'm sure that has changed but still really remote country with plenty coyotes.

Originally Posted By: utah yoteOriginally Posted By: cougartracksI have lived here in Vegas for a little over a year, went out coyote hunting on the Arizona strip with a buddy when I was in college in southern Utah. Been a few years and looking to get back into it in the area. I would be happy to glean any info from the area veterans. I would also be happy to tag along with anyone looking for a partner. I just joined the forum and looking forward to meeting some good people.

The AZ Strip is an amazing area. Hunted big desert mule deer there decades ago. Three ways to get there from Vegas. Lime Kiln canyon or Elbow canyon. Both out of Mesquite. You can also take River Road south out of St George. I would take Lime Kiln canyon.
Take first Mesquite exit. Make a right at Terrible Herbst. Cross the river and take the dirt road to the left. You are on Lime Kiln. Once through the pass you have many options. I usually make my way to Long Valley and over Mt Trumbull to Toroweap. Toroweap is the best place to see the Grand canyon. That's a long haul best done in two days. I would rattle around in that country for days and not see anyone. I'm sure that has changed but still really remote country with plenty coyotes. Offer what you want...( shaking my freakin head ) but...in my book, keep spots to yourself...there's a heck of a lot of hunters here that spent time and money to find spots to hunt...people have to learn how do find them on there own.....were not freakin deer or elk huntin here! Or at least use that little melon of yours and send a PM!!!!!!!!!! Freakin newbie mistake!

Originally Posted By: DropadoglvOriginally Posted By: utah yoteOriginally Posted By: cougartracksI have lived here in Vegas for a little over a year, went out coyote hunting on the Arizona strip with a buddy when I was in college in southern Utah. Been a few years and looking to get back into it in the area. I would be happy to glean any info from the area veterans. I would also be happy to tag along with anyone looking for a partner. I just joined the forum and looking forward to meeting some good people.

Take first Mesquite exit. Make a right at Terrible Herbst. Cross the river and take the dirt road to the left. You are on Lime Kiln. Once through the pass you have many options. I usually make my way to Long Valley and over Mt Trumbull to Toroweap. Toroweap is the best place to see the Grand canyon. That's a long haul best done in two days. I would rattle around in that country for days and not see anyone. I'm sure that has changed but still really remote country with plenty coyotes. Offer what you want...( shaking my freakin head ) but...in my book, keep spots to yourself...there's a heck of a lot of hunters here that spent time and money to find spots to hunt...people have to learn how do find them on there own.....were not freakin deer or elk huntin here! Or at least use that little melon of yours and send a PM!!!!!!!!!! Freakin newbie mistake!

Back on the prozac for you mister. Haha.
We've all thought it.... You just said it out loud.

I know right. As an aging hunter who has seen LV turn from a cowboy town, hunting culture town. Where you entered you deer for the big buck contest at the Golden Nugget on Fremont street to what it is now. I feel it's my duty to help keep the hunting culture alive. If I can help someone I will. My prozac is on top of Mt Sterling chasing Chukar. Oh no did I give something away again. Now don't get your panties in a wad (just kidding). Just learning my way around forum. Will PM very best spots. Really Toroweep is a must see place ( heaven on a stick ). You should go now that you know how to get there.

The prozac was for dropadog. Lived in SNV all my life. I've never been on the AZ strip before. Might have to check it out a day or 3. But I won't give AZ my pennies to help rid them of their coyote problem. It will just have to be a sight seeing adventure.

Originally Posted By: crapshootThe prozac was for dropadog. Lived in SNV all my life. I've never been on the AZ strip before. Might have to check it out a day or 3. Buy I won't give AZ my pennies to help rid them of their coyote problem. It will just have to be a sight seeing adventure.

If you do get a chance to head that way don't go in wet weather! Roads turn to mush. FYI hunted AZ last month was able to purchase on line and print $20 one day hunting lic. PS would never give up Fly fishing spots.

Originally Posted By: crapshootThe prozac was for dropadog. Lived in SNV all my life. I've never been on the AZ strip before. Might have to check it out a day or 3. Buy I won't give AZ my pennies to help rid them of their coyote problem. It will just have to be a sight seeing adventure. Ok, it kicked in...L@@@@. I've hunted that area for awhile...now my grandma will be out their this weekend!

Back